Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Good evening,

2021 JLUR6MT 10,499 miles. If I'm in gear with foot on clutch there is a quiet whirring noise. The noise kind of pulsates and just started doing it this morning. I never drive with the clutch in. I shift to neutral and release clutch if I have to slow down or sit at stop light. Has anyone had pilot / throw out bearing issues in JL yet? Anything else it could be?
Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Sounds like the throw out bearing. My JK started making noise around 35,000 miles. Not covered by warranty beyond 12,000 mi I believe. Maybe less. They consider the bearing, pressure plate, and clutch to be wear items.

OP
OP

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Sounds like the throw out bearing. My JK started making noise around 35,000 miles. Not covered by warranty beyond 12,000 mi I believe. Maybe less. They consider the bearing, pressure plate, and clutch to be wear items.
Do you remember how many hours the dealer billed you for?

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you remember how many hours the dealer billed you for?
I was going to change it myself, but I traded it in before I could. My guess is probably 4-5 hours of shop time at ~$130/hr.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I only have 3,500mi on my JLURMT, and it is the noisiest manual I have had. ALOT of linkage noise, and engagement/disengagement noise.

I can't say that I have any slippage issues on the clutch.

I don't want to head to the dealer and be labelled a hypochondriac, but all the other noises have me concerned.

Are the Jeep manuals just noisey?

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only have 3,500mi on my JLURMT, and it is the noisiest manual I have had. ALOT of linkage noise, and engagement/disengagement noise.

I don't want to head to the dealer and be labelled a hypochondriac, but all the other noises have me concerned.

I can’t speak for the current JL, but the Mercedes trans in the JK was a clunk box. Lots of linkage noise, and notchy feel with a huge throw. But I liked the huge clunky throw, it reminded me of a classic truck more than a modern car.

C_o_M

First Name
starts with N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2 door sport

I have 28k miles on my 2020 JL, when i shift at lower speeds, I hear the engagement/disengagement louder than other times. No clutch issues for me except I hear a quiet whirring like the OP.
Sponsored