Whining noise while driving and coasting to stop

hansenr3

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hey folks, I have a 2018 JLUR with 3.6L and manual transmission, 75,000 kms. Noticed a buzzing whine while driving at 50 km/h and higher, and it seems to sound louder when i shift into neutral and coast down to a stop. Had it to the dealer yesterday and they performed 2 road tests, first time they told me the tech did not hear any unusual noise. I insisted they try it again, and they concluded that the “slight” noise is normal and the louder sound in neutral is normal. Didnt seem to always make this noise, just in the past 4-5k it started. Changed both the transmission fluid and rear diff fluid at the dealer yesterday as well. Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks, I have a 2018 JLUR with 3.6L and manual transmission, 75,000 kms. Noticed a buzzing whine while driving at 50 km/h and higher, and it seems to sound louder when i shift into neutral and coast down to a stop. Had it to the dealer yesterday and they performed 2 road tests, first time they told me the tech did not hear any unusual noise. I insisted they try it again, and they concluded that the “slight” noise is normal and the louder sound in neutral is normal. Didnt seem to always make this noise, just in the past 4-5k it started. Changed both the transmission fluid and rear diff fluid at the dealer yesterday as well. Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks!!!
Did you ever figure it out?