Sponsored

While the A/C is on, The Jeep randomly blows HOT air from the floor vents for 3-5 mins then stops

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Not true.

Recalls will be done for free in or out of warranty.
Hence the 'different minutiae' part of my 'same shit' statement. You both know damn well what the guy meant when he said 'recall'. Whether or not he wanted that covered outside of warranty wasn't stated or implied. Didn't realize JLWranglerForums was hosting a TED Talk on conceptual semantics this afternoon 🙄
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I didn’t make the statement about recalls, but I did comment on the reply that stated TSBs and recalls are the same thing, as they are very much not, and thinking they are gets a lot of people into conceptual trouble.

You can walk into your dealer with a printed copy of a TSB showing them how to fix an issue, but if you’re out of warranty, they’ll quote you the price.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hence the 'different minutiae' part of my 'same shit' statement. You both know damn well what the guy meant when he said 'recall'. Whether or not he wanted that covered outside of warranty wasn't stated or implied. Didn't realize JLWranglerForums was hosting a TED Talk on conceptual semantics this afternoon 🙄
Yes. I know exactly what someone says when they say recall. They want it fixed without having to pay for it.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Yes. I know exactly what someone says when they say recall. They want it fixed without having to pay for it.
Heaven forbid that someone fixes their mistake without making a profit on it.

Just wondering, couldn't a behavioral issue like this be solved with a software update? And if so, a customer would likely get the fix for free at some point, if and when there's a safety issue addressed via software. My car had several 'ECU program updates' both within and outside of warranty, and afaik, they don't tailor these updates to exclude minor fixes. Don't believe they were all safety-related either. Then again, this issue might be something controlled by a completely separate HVAC processor.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

Just wondering, couldn't a behavioral issue like this be solved with a software update? And if so, a customer would likely get the fix for free at some point, if and when there's a safety issue addressed via software. My car had several 'ECU program updates' both within and outside of warranty, and afaik, they don't tailor these updates to exclude minor fixes. Don't believe they were all safety-related either. Then again, this issue might be something controlled by a completely separate HVAC processor.
Most software updates that have any sort of bulletin ever released are for the ECM/PCM. Just updating to the most recent software version couldn’t hurt though.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
That’s pretty much the Jeep/Stellantis corporate motto.

Honestly I’m amazed they haven’t started charging a subscription fee for over-the-air Uconnect updates.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I actually heard the fan screaming for the first time today since I bought it 9 days ago. It was also my first time remotely starting the vehicle, I cannot remember if I had HVAC on auto when I parked.
Depending on temp you can turn on auto heat or cool if outside is too hot or cold.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I believe I am having this heat problem at my drivers feet. Is the fix still the same for a my22, by pulling the plug or is there a dealer fix? Kinda hard to read all 37 pages! Lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I am having this heat problem at my drivers feet. Is the fix still the same for a my22, by pulling the plug or is there a dealer fix? Kinda hard to read all 37 pages! Lol
Pull the plug

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Question,, actually I don’t think I’m feeling air at my feet , Just heat! Do u think it’s the same issue?
What year is your Jeep? This is much more pronounced in the 18 and 19 jeeps. You will feel the outside air as in if it is really hot and humid you get this dump of hot and humid air in teh jeep and if it's cold... you get the idea.
If that is what you are feeling then you've come to the right thread and it happens on the passenger side.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
What year is your Jeep? This is much more pronounced in the 18 and 19 jeeps. You will feel the outside air as in if it is really hot and humid you get this dump of hot and humid air in teh jeep and if it's cold... you get the idea.
If that is what you are feeling then you've come to the right thread and it happens on the passenger side.
My 22 JLU - XR/ feeling the heat not so much air, at my drivers feet.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My 22 JLU - XR/ feeling the heat not so much air, at my drivers feet.
Doesn't sound like the same issue. You can unplug the vent in it's closed position to confirm.

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
I’m getting this. 22 Willy’s 5k miles. Happened on a road trip when was really hot out. We were driving for an hour before it happened. It lasted a good 10-20 min and then we stopped and turned off jeep. Was way too hot coming out for us and the dogs. I only use the top vents with the A/C. And went from cold to 100 degrees humid air. Not set to auto or recirc. Like others thought was a fluke.

Then the other day same thing. I started the jeep and started to drive away and within a few min. Hot air. I usually stay at 68 for temp. And started blasting really hot air. Ran a few min trying to play with things. It didn’t do anything until I cranked it to it’s coldest and then took few min to finally get cooler. Def feels less cold than when I bought it. I even tried to switch to recirc and continued to blow hot air and switched it back off and same thing. I never use stop/start.

Have dealer appt tomorrow to see what’s what. My JK could be on a trail with A/C running and never dipped in temp. This will do it just driving and under no real load. The HVAC also seems to not be as powerful as the JKs.

We’ll see tomorrow. Sucks dealer is hour+ from me.
Sponsored