Sponsored

While the A/C is on, The Jeep randomly blows HOT air from the floor vents for 3-5 mins then stops

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well to my Jeep in this am for the recall and gave them a list of items to check:

AC blowing hot air randomly
Battery voltage running a constant 13.8-14.0 volts
Clicking noise in front end
Leaky rear washer nozzle
Door Gasket warped
Cruise recall
Any other software updates

We will see what they tell me, may have it more than 1 day
Well just as I suspected they will have it more than 1 day, out of all items listed above they got ONE THING DONE and that would be the software update, also told me that the “electrical guy advised no error messages with the electrical so I went from running 12.7-12.9 running down the road to 13.7-13.9 seems very odd to me and I’m thinking it’s in a constant state of charging the battery but when I asked to speak to the tech low and behold he had left for the day, the leaky nozzle they was reported as “cannot duplicate the problem” and they have not even looked at the clicking in the front end.

Seems if you give these guys more than one issue they can’t get it done in one day, hopefully will be done tomorrow but my guess is the only thing that will be addressed in two days is a software update, hmmm maybe they have a dial up connection for the download.

I had left them a really bad google review and had someone chime in and leave a number to contact the GM but guess what I left him two messages and even stopped in today and he’s out for the week.... imagine that,,I wonder how long it takes to be trained to give these canned well rehearsed responses to the ppl that have paid a lot for these vehicles that have issues, my neighbor told me that since I’m not paying for the work the warranty work goes to the end of the line and now I am starting to believe that

Here is my review of the dealer for those interested

972F4A9D-2724-463E-91FE-C6BC5EB2AC32.jpeg
0B7D8257-AA0F-49E2-9DC1-6DD252353D8F.png
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Here is what my service tech thinks is going on. When you have recirc on, the door to the vent is closed, when you have recirc off, the door is fully in the open position which allows the air to mix but will not allow any vent air to your feet or cabin but when the door is not fully open or closed [somewhere in between]that outside air will blow to your feet and if you open the glove box you'll feel it. So he thinks the door is periodically opening a bit allowing that outside air to blow in the cabin. To narrow this down today he unplugged the electric motor for the door with it in recirc mode to keep it from moving [hopefully]. Now i have to take it for a trip and see if it no longer blows outside air to the cabin. I think he's on to something.If so next will be determining what is making the door move at times.Hope i explained this in a way you understand.
this is an interesting theory. If the recirc door is only partially closed/open then it is allowing outside air to enter into the system. A partially open/closed recirc door is not blocking the cabin intake vent. Some of that outside air then escapes through the cabin intake vent that is located in the passenger foot well? Makes sense if the recirc door is designed to close off the cabin intake vent.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Well they did the software update last week and it did not help. After disconnecting the wire for the motor door today, i have driven it 50-60 miles and no outside air has come in the cabin. So, i think we know the door is opening some, but why?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well they did the software update last week and it did not help. After disconnecting the wire for the motor door today, i have driven it 50-60 miles and no outside air has come in the cabin. So, i think we know the door is opening some, but why?
Is this connector wire easy to get to, I would just pull the connector and be done until they release a service bulletin if they ever do.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Skyranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Count me in
My wife said she feels the heat on the right side randomly + a couple of times when I started the jeep on a hot day hot air came out the vents for a little while??

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
get it reported, unless more people take it to the dealer and demand a fix rather than just live with it and post on forums, the less likely it will get the attention it needs

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Can someone try to locate the cabin intake vent. Would this be a separate vent under the dash on the passenger side? If it can be located, then see if this is the source of the outside air rather than the footwell output vents.

If Jeep did design the system to intermittently turn off the recirc to allow fresh air to enter the cabin, maybe the damper door is not opening all the way as stated above and not closing off the cabin intake vent. In this situation, maybe high pressure outside air (while traveling at high speed) is flowing out the cabin intake vent rather than being drawn by the blower motor past the evaporator and out the output vents.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Is this connector wire easy to get to, I would just pull the connector and be done until they release a service bulletin if they ever do.
I did not see exactly which wire he pulled, i'll see if i can find out, but it took him about 2 seconds to disconnect it.

Sponsored

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I'll drop my glovebox today and see if i can get a pic. When you shut off the jeep the door will open a bit so you have to unplug it with the jeep running and recirc mode on.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Here is a couple pics showing the motor wire on the left unplugged. Dropping the glove box there is a plastic arm on the left. Grab it at the box and pull towards you a bit, it will go into a position to unhook it. Push up on the box stop at the top and drop it down.

20180710_061255.jpg

20180710_061358.jpg

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
You are also looking at the door that moves.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Really easy, took me about a minute to get to it. I still want to take it for a long trip to make sure no air comes in but it sure looks like this is the culprit.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Here is a couple pics showing the motor wire on the left unplugged. Dropping the glove box there is a plastic arm on the left. Grab it at the box and pull towards you a bit, it will go into a position to unhook it. Push up on the box stop at the top and drop it down.

20180710_061255.jpg

20180710_061358.jpg
Remember if you unplug it,[ you need to do it with the Jeep running and recirc on]
Sponsored