Which winch should I buy

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37ā€™s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
337BB3EC-E4E2-4236-BA8B-D1EDE34D8796.jpeg
Yes. The paint (powder coat) matches the fenders, I have the black ones with a black top. Seems to be super strong but a SOB to install, did it myself. It is dead even with the fenders so it looks clean.
I have the exact same bumper and winch. Quality setup. I have the rear bumper on order now.
Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Me too I went with the 10 k superwinch. Waht plate did you use? any tips on the installation? I am doing mine in the next few days?

As far as the shootout goes. That is a good point. But it doesn't justify awarding warn the win when their winch did not complete the competition. All the winches went through the same test, and some did not fail. plus if youthink about warn beingthe most expesive in the group should have finished which would have help justify their higher price. IMHO
I used the Artec winch plate. Full details in the build thread HERE

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Well, I like my smutty Iā€™ll src. Itā€™s rated atb9500 lbs. itā€™s gotten me out of a few jams

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
THIS.

I've had Warn winches (M8000 and 16.5Ti). Warn makes good winches and I still like them but the Superwinch EXP is the best thing on the market now, period.

An often overlooked feature is the BRAKE on whatever winch you buy - most are a cone brake which is not the strongest design. The EXP has a gearbox end disc brake - way better for holding power in an emergency.

Another thing I like is the automatic clutch - if you do a bunch of winching you'll learn it's hard work, that clutch really makes things easier. After freespooling your winchline out, thereā€™s no need for another trip back to the winch. So nice.

For me, I don't trust anything made by Harbor Freight, Smittybilt etc. Comeup is OK, but I don't like made in China if I can avoid it. Why would I choose a Chinese brand over an American one? At least Warn and Superwinch have made in USA models still.

Bill Burke uses Superwinch so for me the choice was easy. I chose the EXP 12si on my JLUR.

https://superwinch.com/products/superwinch-exp-series?variant=4342518284315

69991269-8EFA-4F7A-B671-BADAD3E87C8E.jpeg

75965BD0-F1AD-4B41-9AE0-4E8C70BB2FDB.jpeg
What Bumper is that?
Are you still happy?
How was the install?

Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
This may have already been mentioned. I donā€™t think hon can go wrong with a warn, but I have had jsut as good of luck with a badlands from harbor freight. I have the 12k on my Jeep right now. Iā€™ve used these on other vehicles I have several several times lots of mud where I live. Never had a issue and you can get 2year warranty no questions asked out the door for about 400$. We do lots of riding sxs and and have the same winches ā€œnot 12kā€ same brand and some days they will get used 20 times in a day. I have. I nothing negative to say about them except the cable length is short.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
For me, I don't trust anything made by Harbor Freight, Smittybilt etc. Comeup is OK, but I don't like made in China if I can avoid it. Why would I choose a Chinese brand over an American one? At least Warn and Superwinch have made in USA models still.

Bill Burke uses Superwinch so for me the choice was easy. I chose the EXP 12si on my JLUR.

75965BD0-F1AD-4B41-9AE0-4E8C70BB2FDB.jpeg
How are you liking it up to this point? Where did you order it from and did you get any kind of a deal? They're looking around 1250 right now (for the 10). Which winch plate?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
How are you liking it up to this point? Where did you order it from and did you get any kind of a deal? They're looking around 1250 right now (for the 10). Which winch plate?
AFAIK the Artec winch plate is the only one that fits so far

@American Adventurist is the Artec plate behind the fairlead necessary?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I think 4 wheel parts is a wholesaler and it is less there, . Not sure but I think :facepalm:it was 1050 when I bought mine.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Iā€™m sure it will, but the Artec plate is the only one I know that works with Superwinch EXP10
Yeah I was thinking the Artec winch plate with the Mopar fairlead plate. Just not a fan of the bare metal with Artec logos on it. I don't see why the Mopar wouldn't work up front but I could be wrong because I haven't actually installed a Superwinch EXP lol.
Sponsored