Sponsored

Which winch should I buy

Bill Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi everyone! I ordered Warn 95950 Zeon 12-S 2 month ago. As I remember it has 12000 lbs capacity.
When I did my research to make the right choice I used this information.
https://motoringcrunch.com/reviews/...Winch_of_all_categories_Quick_Reference_Table
https://www.ebay.com/p/3017027242
I have not used it in a recovery situation yet. However, it did pull my 8k truck up a hill when initially stretching the rope. The WARN ZEON has proven itself in the field. Now you can get full capacity with Spydura Pro synthetic rope. The new ZEON 12-S winch trims weight but keeps plenty of muscle for the big jobs and the toughest rescues. And the light, easy-to-handle synthetic rope makes any winching situation a bit easier.
Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Superwinch on our JK. Great winch. 5 years old and still pulling strong.

On JL is a Zeon 10S. Used several hard pulls and never blinked. Been submerged, hit a couple times, taken apart (accidentally) but keeps working. Did I overpay - some will say yes, but I could afford the extra peace of mind and did it.

Graydd

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am using the Apex 12K Badlands from Harbor Freight. Got it on sale and have used it twice, seems to be working fine for me. Was not too bad to install in the stock steel Mopar bumper if you have awesome tools like me. lol

20200602_100148.jpg

20200602_100138.jpg

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
New to the Jeep family. I have a 2018 2 door jeep rubicon jl. Buying a destroyer shorty front bumper and wondering which winch hydro or electric would be best thank you.
Another vote for the Warn M8000, I've had one on a K-5 Blazer for years with hard use and never had any problems with it so that's what I went with on the JL. Had a Warn M12000 on a F-350 and kept having solenoid problems so I removed it and went with a Mile Marker Hydraulic 12,000 lb. . It was trouble free and never failed to work. Could winch all day and night if needed but the down sides are, Need a power steering cooler, Slow winch speeds, Heavy, Hydraulic hose plumbing to PS pump. If I had a 1 ton truck I would go that route again but not for a jeep.
FWIW 99% of the time a good kinetic recovery rope does the trick for me and others.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Back when I had my TJ, I had a Warn wire cable unit. Then a few years later I purchase the optional remote. Then my motor got wet in the rain and purchased a new motor and put plastic over it if I took the Jeep out...... I did use it once or twice and pulled a car out of little ditch and a tree.

So with this lesson learned I have put on my wish list for my JLR two door a https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/q-performance-stealth-winch/10000lb-synthetic-rope as it is waterproof and synthetic with remote..

I have had my JLR since 2018 and have my recovery strips seemed to work better the the winch that why I said I have not installed my winch yet... So will I get a winch.... I don't know as I have a Warn on my ATV for trees and other pulling.
Sponsored