Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yo guys

I saw some of you mention youre going with the Smittybilt x20. Which plate did you use? I think im also going to go with the Smittybilt, just want to make sure that the plate im getting worked for somebody else
Used a Rusty's winch plate with no problems. Well constructed and all lined up fine. There are other plates that work well but that was my positive experience.
Sponsored

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
It took a little english to line the driver side bolt holes up, but overall, it wasn't a super hard job. The Smittybilt XRC9500 fit with room to spare, though. It only weighs 46lbs, with the rope, which is why I went with it. It was the lightest winch I could find in its pull class.
9dHxGXY.jpg
YvdqqWQ.jpg
That looks great, do you know if its possible to relocate the control box that's on top?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have never in my life purchased a winch, we always had tractors around to pull us out of the creek if needed. Now, I'm liking the look of Warn's bumper and would like to get an appropriately sized winch for it. However, I have no idea what I'm looking at. Anyone have a good info source on winches and their installation?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great, do you know if its possible to relocate the control box that's on top?
It should be. If you have long enough wire, you could put it anywhere.

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm planning a Warn Zeon 10k winch with synthetic rope, and a military green flatlink and the rope-guard.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
It took a little english to line the driver side bolt holes up, but overall, it wasn't a super hard job. The Smittybilt XRC9500 fit with room to spare, though. It only weighs 46lbs, with the rope, which is why I went with it. It was the lightest winch I could find in its pull class.
9dHxGXY.jpg
YvdqqWQ.jpg

Afternoon Dan,

Just wondering, on your "hook", do you leave it like that now? I pulled mine out to reach the hook, but I think I can tuck mine behind my Front License plate bracket IF I just wind it in like that....

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have a way to cover this gap?

CF20DD00-1E76-4579-B7C1-270B53A4040B.jpeg

I don't have anything covering that.

Like what you did to hold the hook, i might try that. I just put in a baseplate (for towbar) and hooked to where the safety cables go, but i like your idea. I have a license plate holder so i don't know if that will also pull up the plate.

Great Job.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Afternoon Dan,

Just wondering, on your "hook", do you leave it like that now? I pulled mine out to reach the hook, but I think I can tuck mine behind my Front License plate bracket IF I just wind it in like that....
I bought a Factor 55 Splicer with a rubber pad on it to protect the fairlead. Here is a pic...
QrFGZDI.jpg

Sponsored

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have anything covering that.

Like what you did to hold the hook, i might try that. I just put in a baseplate (for towbar) and hooked to where the safety cables go, but i like your idea. I have a license plate holder so i don't know if that will also pull up the plate.

Great Job.
Thank you,

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yo guys

I saw some of you mention youre going with the Smittybilt x20. Which plate did you use? I think im also going to go with the Smittybilt, just want to make sure that the plate im getting worked for somebody else
Used a Rusty's winch plate with no problems. Well constructed and all lined up fine. There are other plates that work well but that was my positive experience.
I second @JLUSoCal on the Rusty’s plate. Simple and solid construction that lined up well for both the winch mount and bumper re-mount.

I’ve also got to mention the service from Rusty’s. I tried to make this buy at Jeep Quest a few weeks ago, but on my way out the door to not lug around during the show; unfortunately, somebody else was faster. Rusty told me to phone and he would make sure they got me covered.
I forgot about it for a couple of weeks, but when I phoned, Rusty remembered, honored the expo price offer, and got it to me next day. Thrilled with the experience & product

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
I second @JLUSoCal on the Rusty’s plate. Simple and solid construction that lined up well for both the winch mount and bumper re-mount.

I’ve also got to mention the service from Rusty’s. I tried to make this buy at Jeep Quest a few weeks ago, but on my way out the door to not lug around during the show; unfortunately, somebody else was faster. Rusty told me to phone and he would make sure they got me covered.
I forgot about it for a couple of weeks, but when I phoned, Rusty remembered, honored the expo price offer, and got it to me next day. Thrilled with the experience & product
Great Rustys it is then thanks

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
anyone who has a warnzeon 10s Can you give me 2 dimension of it.

Front to back at the bottom of the winch and front to back at the top of the unit that holds the drum?

Superwinch_dimensions10s EXPi_Line_Drawing_grande.jpg

Attachments