Which way should leds be facing in headlight

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Hey guys. Just picked up a set of LED headlight bulbs for my halogen housings. (I know it’s not ideal. I’m running it until I decide on a whole replacement headlight once more options become available as I have already changed my fog lights as well as the bulbs in my turn signals to LED and hate the look of only the headlights as a halogen). One question I have is should the LEDs be facing left and right or up and down? The manufacturer of the bulbs says to make sure they are facing side to side but after watching an install video by Oracle, they say to make sure they are facing up and down. What position has every put their bulbs in when installing?
Sponsored

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I put mine (Beamtech's) in facing left/right and the beam pattern seems good.

OP
OP
Dubeau9005

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Thanks. That made the most sense to me but wanted to make sure. Think that’s the way I’m gonna try them first. Hopefully start having some more options soon without having to run the adapters.

Cnajr123

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Willys Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I put mine (Beamtech's) in facing left/right and the beam pattern seems good.
How do you like them compared to the factory halogens? I just don’t want to get flashed. Can’t you turn the beam down a bit also from housing?

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
How do you like them compared to the factory halogens? I just don’t want to get flashed. Can’t you turn the beam down a bit also from housing?
They are significantly brighter than the OEM halogens. In my opinion, low beam is way better than halogen, and high beam is better, but not as significant an improvement as the low beam. Since installing, I have not been flashed by other drivers at all since installing. I did not notice if there was any adjustment in the housing, but I certainly haven't needed any.

For me, the Beamtechs are a temporary solution until either the OEM LEDs are available, or someone comes out with a true 9" replacement that is as good as OEM.
Sponsored