Sponsored

Which Warranty Did You Get? And how much did it cost?

What warranty did you get?

• Total voters

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
The extended coverage does not start from the date of purchase, it is backdated to the original in-service date.
Depending on how old your vehicle is and how many miles you have on it. If you're outside of the 3/36 factory warranty then the warranty will start from the actual purchase date, for example, if your vehicle is 4 years old and you have 40,000 miles on it, then a 5 Year / 60,000 Mile warranty would cover you until the vehicle is nine years old and you have 100,000 miles total on it. Let me know if you have any questions!
Sponsored

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Yes. However, I believe once you break a certain mileage\age the price will start increasing. If you want an idea how low pricing can be take a look at this link. (You can get free immediate pricing). This absolutely blows away what my dealer offered and there are numerous dealers that will sell on line as well.

https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com
This is correct, once the vehicle is 12 months old it will increase in price, additionally once you hit 12,000 miles it will also jump in price.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Just some information (not sure if it was said before - not gonna read 6 pages of this, since it chaps my ass).

Aftermarket "warranties" are not "warranties". They might call them that, but legally (at least in LA), they aren't. They are "service plans".

When you are thinking about buying one of these, ask yourself (or the salesman) these questions:
1) Is the Warranty through the original manufacturer? If yes, then great. If not, proceed to #2.
2) Is this company a "for profit" company? If yes, proceed to #3.
3) Do they make their money from charging customers premiums on these "warranties"? If yes, proceed to #4.
4) And they pay out money for repairs to vehicles? If yes, proceed to #5.
5) So, in order for them to be profitable, they must collect more money from the average customer than they pay out, right?

Why would you gamble against the odds with thousands of dollars? If you are that concerned that your transmission with go out in the 4th year, you will be MUCH better off simply taking that extra $50 per month (or whatever it is) and burying it in a box in your back yard.

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Just some information (not sure if it was said before - not gonna read 6 pages of this, since it chaps my ass).

Aftermarket "warranties" are not "warranties". They might call them that, but legally (at least in LA), they aren't. They are "service plans".

When you are thinking about buying one of these, ask yourself (or the salesman) these questions:
1) Is the Warranty through the original manufacturer? If yes, then great. If not, proceed to #2.
3) Do they make their money from charging customers premiums on these "warranties"? If yes, proceed to #4.
5) So, in order for them to be profitable, they must collect more money from the average customer than they pay out, right?

Why would you gamble against the odds with thousands of dollars? If you are that concerned that your transmission with go out in the 4th year, you will be MUCH better off simply taking that extra $50 per month (or whatever it is) and burying it in a box in your back yard.
What you said is pretty much all correct, except that they are actually called "service contracts" so the "extended warranties" would actually be an "extended service contract". We sell all of our warranties directly through Mopar, an FCA affiliate (or whatever they're calling themselves these days).

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the great contribution! Anyone unwilling to hear what others have to say when giving their opinion can always be counted on to have insight and a well rounded argument.

Sponsored

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
The dealer gave us a 7 year/100k warranty with the vehicle. Including 5 more free oil changes and tire rotations and some other little perks. Only downside is this warranty can only be done with that dealer. I guess it something that they specifically do. I didn't pay extra for it and its only 30 minutes from my house that I just bought so I won't be moving anytime soon.

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
The dealer gave us a 7 year/100k warranty with the vehicle. Including 5 more free oil changes and tire rotations and some other little perks. Only downside is this warranty can only be done with that dealer. I guess it something that they specifically do. I didn't pay extra for it and its only 30 minutes from my house that I just bought so I won't be moving anytime soon.
is this a bumper to bumper or power train that they extend “in house”. Always been curious about these and how the dealer actually takes care of people when there’s and issue.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
What are people paying for the MOPAR 8yr/125k with a $100 deductible? I was quoted $2325

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
is this a bumper to bumper or power train that they extend “in house”. Always been curious about these and how the dealer actually takes care of people when there’s and issue.
This is bumper to bumper according to them. I asked when I purchased the vehicle. Its something they "have" to include when they sell the car. It was like 1250$ on top of the vehicle price and tbh I didn't fight it as that's not a terrible price. No deductible and it has no limits in terms of coverage so I opted to just pay for it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Generally pretty solid advice. I do think highly optioned JL's are likely to fair better on that gamble though. I had at least $1500 worth of warranty repairs in the first 2 years, and I hadn't yet had the sunvisor with the homelink replaced ($400 part). That said, I just went w/ Geico's coverage since it's literally $48 per year with a $250 deductible and is bumper to bumper. Covers me for any unlikely big stuff post 5/60.

Sponsored

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
My dealer advertises lifetime up to 100K Mopar powertrain warranty and that is exactly what I got with my purchase two weeks ago. I figure powertrain is really all I need covered since those are the most expensive parts and I can handle most other things. As long as I change the oil at any SAE shop including theirs the warranty is honored. $100 deductible and loaner if needed. Besides Jeep Wave program gives us maintenance for up to 3yrs (three oil changes per year) and roadside assistance, and the dealer added an additional 3 oil changes on top of that. So I am good for 12 oil changes. Whatever the schedule is nowadays doesnt matter to me cuz I still change my oil every 3K miles. At $12 an oil change (semi-syn), after my free 12, thats nothing.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Besides Jeep Wave program gives us maintenance for up to 3yrs (three oil changes per year) and roadside assistance, and the dealer added an additional 3 oil changes on top of that. So I am good for 12 oil changes.
Jeep Wave only gives you a total of 3 free oil changes, within the first three years of ownership. It’s not 3 per year

38187C4E-622F-4DDE-967A-85F9A1910232.png

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Generally pretty solid advice. I do think highly optioned JL's are likely to fair better on that gamble though. I had at least $1500 worth of warranty repairs in the first 2 years, and I hadn't yet had the sunvisor with the homelink replaced ($400 part). That said, I just went w/ Geico's coverage since it's literally $48 per year with a $250 deductible and is bumper to bumper. Covers me for any unlikely big stuff post 5/60.
where did you find bumper to bumper with Geico? I have only seen their "mechanical breakdown" coverage which is NOT bumper to bumper

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
My dealer advertises lifetime up to 100K Mopar powertrain warranty and that is exactly what I got with my purchase two weeks ago. I figure powertrain is really all I need covered since those are the most expensive parts and I can handle most other things. As long as I change the oil at any SAE shop including theirs the warranty is honored.
Hopefully, you didn't overpay for that by purchasing it from your local dealer. Some of the popular sellers of the Mopar extended warranties sell them at a fraction of the cost of local dealers. Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep is one of them. He saved me $1,500 off the cost of the exact same Mopar extended warranty that the finance manager at my local dealer tried to sell me at closing.

Also, you do not have to get your oil changed at a shop. You can DIY and if you save your receipts your warranty will still be intact.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
where did you find bumper to bumper with Geico? I have only seen their "mechanical breakdown" coverage which is NOT bumper to bumper
It's what you said -- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. I was told it covers every part and system in the vehicle excluding wear items (lube, filter, pads, rotors, bushings, etc.) Seems bumper to bumper to me. Nothing in the fine print either to suggest otherwise.

What are you seeing? What am I missing? Perhaps they changed it since you last reviewed?
Sponsored

Last edited: