Sponsored

Which Warranty Did You Get? And how much did it cost?

What warranty did you get?

• Total voters

rotlex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Can you buy the warranty after taking delivery of the vehicle?
Yes. However, I believe once you break a certain mileage\age the price will start increasing. If you want an idea how low pricing can be take a look at this link. (You can get free immediate pricing). This absolutely blows away what my dealer offered and there are numerous dealers that will sell on line as well.

https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com
Sponsored

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Yes. However, I believe once you break a certain mileage\age the price will start increasing. If you want an idea how low pricing can be take a look at this link. (You can get free immediate pricing). This absolutely blows away what my dealer offered and there are numerous dealers that will sell on line as well.

https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com
Thank you! Great info!

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Just a heads up; warranties that cover you beyond 8 years or warranties that have a mileage increment that is not 60/75/85/100/125 or Unlimited, is most DEFINITELY an aftermarket warranty, which isn't ALWAYS a bad thing, but one must be careful. The only official manufacturer-backed warranty that you can purchase for your Jeep is through Mopar.

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I can confirm this, once your vehicle hits 12,000 miles the pricing of the warranties will increase to the next tier, but you can still purchase the warranty.

Sponsored

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
You can purchase anytime within the initial 3yr/36k coverage.
You can actually purchase after that date as well, the warranties just work a little bit differently. Instead of the warranties starting from the in-service date of the vehicle and when the mileage was at 0, the warranties will now start from the day and mileage of when you purchase the warranty. The same plans, Maximum Care, Added Care Plus, Powertrain Care Plus, are all still available.

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up; warranties that cover you beyond 8 years or warranties that have a mileage increment that is not 60/75/85/100/125 or Unlimited, is most DEFINITELY an aftermarket warranty, which isn't ALWAYS a bad thing, but one must be careful. The only official manufacturer-backed warranty that you can purchase for your Jeep is through Mopar.
So, this is not a Chrysler program?
https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com/
How do they get away with using Chrysler brand logos on their web site?

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can actually purchase after that date as well, the warranties just work a little bit differently. Instead of the warranties starting from the in-service date of the vehicle and when the mileage was at 0, the warranties will now start from the day and mileage of when you purchase the warranty. The same plans, Maximum Care, Added Care Plus, Powertrain Care Plus, are all still available.
But is there a higher cost if you purchase a plan after the vehicle has some miles on it? I am trying to understand if I pay a penalty if I wait to get an extended warranty.

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
So, this is not a Chrysler program?
https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com/
How do they get away with using Chrysler brand logos on their web site?
That actually is indeed a factory-backed warranty, it's just they are a third party company selling the Mopar warranties. Mopar is actually required BY LAW to sell their warranties for full retail value, third party companies and dealerships are not, which is why there is a competitive market. Generally, a third-party company is actually tied to a dealer since to my knowledge, they are the only ones who are authorized to sell the warranties.

There isn't really a difference between purchasing a warranty through a dealer and through a third party company besides that the third party company is generally going to upcharge the warranty much less because they might sell 10 warranties in one day, whereas a dealership might sell 2. Generally, the dealership is only going to talk about their aftermarket warranties though because they get MCUH more commission for them, and they act like they are genuine manufacturer warranties.

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
But is there a higher cost if you purchase a plan after the vehicle has some miles on it? I am trying to understand if I pay a penalty if I wait to get an extended warranty.
If the vehicle is under three years old and has less than 12,000 miles on it, in most cases it will be the exact same cost as if you bought it when the vehicle was brand new. Now if the vehicle is under three years old and has MORE than 12,000 miles on it, there will be an increase in price by a few hundred dollars. If the vehicle is older than 3 years or has more than 36,000 miles on it your eligibility changes.

Sponsored

troubledog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon diesel
Just finished a call with Tom Winkels at Hayes to purchase an extended warranty for my JLRUD purchased here in Texas. He's a really good guy and very fair. Highly recommended!

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I have the lifetime on my wife’s 2018 GC which the warranty has paid for itself in a very short time. My JLU is a little over 2 years old and at 35,202 miles. If I buy the 6/60000 max care is that 6/60000 from the date I buy it OR basically I would be paying $1250(ziegler pricing 100 deductible) for a 4 year 25000 miles warranty.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have the lifetime on my wife’s 2018 GC which the warranty has paid for itself in a very short time. My JLU is a little over 2 years old and at 35,202 miles. If I buy the 6/60000 max care is that 6/60000 from the date I buy it OR basically I would be paying $1250(ziegler pricing 100 deductible) for a 4 year 25000 miles warranty.
The extended coverage does not start from the date of purchase, it is backdated to the original in-service date.
Sponsored