Which top do you have? (Poll)

Which top did your Jeep come with?!

• Total voters

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Had an 09' with a soft top and loved it, Id put that thing up and down several times a day and in all different configurations but hated the rear window, zippers and side gutter latches. Got a 14' w/ a hard top and really liked the rear window but couldn't stand having to store the freedom panels and how hot the top would get here in Phoenix. Now onto a 18' JLU i have the crappy softop and love it. im starting to like the look of the safari style and you can fold the rear window up on top of the softtop which only takes a few seconds more than opening the hardtop window. The windows do scratch just by looking at them though which wasnt an issue with my 09 'so i clean it with plexus weekly
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Soft Top. Apartment Living and want to drive around as much as possible with my top down. Hard top just isn't feasible for my current situation.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I drop the top and raise it many times a day for security and weather effects. It is amazing.
We have had precipitation on 43% of the days here in Wichita this year

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Yep... Sunrider for Hardtop.. best of both worlds :rock:
Yes, Sir . . . That is how I approached it. Ordered the Sunrider during the Bestop preorder event. Had it sitting in my garage waiting on my JL to be delivered, last year.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Had to be soft top for me. Ran it all winter. Cold when you get in (not worse than an normal car, honestly), but that blast furnace of a heater took care of that quickly. I've got a garage, so I never had it parked outside during any heavy snow.

Now I'm having a blast. The frequent rain of the past couple weeks meant that top was going up and down like a yoyo, but it's so easy now that it's no prob. I really feel like you hardtop only folks are missing out...

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the hard top. I wish I had found one with Dual Tops. :headbang:

I plan on getting the sunrider though, as the OEM soft tops are surprisingly expensive and the TrekTop isn't what I thought it was going to be.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Sky one touch here. Judging by the votes it puts be in an elite group of elitists, because we're elite. Couple that with the elite Rubicon i have, and I'm pretty much at least tied for 1st in the "most elite" category. Honestly, I'm not even sure how i would become more elite than I already am.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sky one touch here. Judging by the votes it puts be in an elite group of elitists, because we're elite. Couple that with the elite Rubicon i have, and I'm pretty much at least tied for 1st in the "most elite" category. Honestly, I'm not even sure how i would become more elite than I already am.
Expensive really, I think that's what puts more people into the Soft top or black hard top group. Although when you see that it's not all that much more than a color matched hard top it gets put into a better perspective. I've driven one with the Sky One touch, and I really see the appeal in it.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Purchased Dual Top, then bought the Sunrider before I even picked up the Jeep because of the great sale. Picked up the Jeep on Dec 27th and ran it with the hard top until about March when I put the Sunrider on. Ran that until 2 weeks ago when I put the soft top on. Prolly keep the soft top on till maybe Sept when I'll go back to the Sunrider. (Got a topliftpro to make things easy on myself....). First Wrangler so didn't know what I would like and decided to get everything. So far am loving it all. :like:

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Dual tops here.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Have Two JKU hardtops one is about ten years old, the other is about eight years old. Both were taken off, never to be put back on again. Trektops and factory premium is all we run an them. Been in sub zero weather all the way up to 120F. The heater blows flames, and the AC blows ice cream in all our Jeeps. Our 23 JLR is ordered with premium soft only no more hardtops to take up valuable space.
Sponsored