Sponsored

Which Swaybar End Links? (Accutune vs. SteerSmarts)

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have a ‘19 Jeep JLU Rubicon getting a 2.5” Accutune lift with Fox 2.0 RR Adj. Shocks. I will be doing the Tie Rod Assembly, Front Track Bar, & Draglink from SteerSmarts next round of mods. My last piece to the puzzle for the current round of mods is swaybar end links. Which one would y’all recommend for a street queen that won’t see much (if any) off-roading (it’s my GF’s)? SteerSmarts are designed for the from, but possibly cab work for the rear with an extra spacer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Here’s the links to the products:

SteerSmarts
https://steersmarts.com/collections...ti-xd-jk-jl-sway-bar-endlink-kit-2-5-3-5-lift

Accutune
https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/accutune-high-flex-sway-bar-link-jeep-jl-front/

https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/accutune-high-flex-sway-bar-link-jeep-jl-rear/
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
and what what does a bunch of misalignment in a swaybar end link do?
Allows a rubicon to flex out fully using only the E-disconnect. Our no limits links can easily handle a 14" travel shock using the E disconnect and not limit travel.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Allows a rubicon to flex out fully using only the E-disconnect. Our no limits links can easily handle a 14" travel shock using the E disconnect and not limit travel.
I've noticed those links are taller than the ones the Mopar lift comes with. By them being taller the sway bar link is not "level". Is this by design?

Sponsored

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
the point is that proper length sway links on a Rubicon edisco do not limit flex. the super misalignment has no effect positive or negative. it's all about proper length as we have seen RK sway links snapped in half on JKs.

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
I've noticed those links are taller than the ones the Mopar lift comes with. By them being taller the sway bar link is not "level". Is this by design?
yes, you want your swaybar postive 8-10 degrees positive with the Rubicon edisco. if you set your end links to make the swaybar level and go offroad, you can and often will end up with a flipped swaybar. means bent/broken links and a careful drive home.

this was from last weekend on one of our trail rides. he had a dealer installed lift that they set the swaybar level at ground. flipped over and Snap!

U9vy3gn.jpg

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
the point is that proper length sway links on a Rubicon edisco do not limit flex. the super misalignment has no effect positive or negative. it's all about proper length as we have seen RK sway links snapped in half on JKs.
That simply isn't accurate information and if you've seen links break, you should understand the importance.

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
That simply isn't accurate information and if you've seen links break, you should understand the importance.
I’ve seen RK links break due to improper length with Rubi Ediscos. The limiting factor of endlinks with ediscos is purely length not the joints. Given proper length, The limiting factor will be shocks, springs, bump stops and maybe control arms.

That’s a fact.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen RK links break due to improper length with Rubi Ediscos. The limiting factor of endlinks with ediscos is purely length not the joints. Given proper length, The limiting factor will be shocks, springs, bump stops and maybe control arms.

That’s a fact.
To be very clear, that is wrong, length is a factor but by no means the only factor. When one of an axle is up and the other side is down, joint misalignment is critical.

The easiest way to describe it is to look at how the sway bar functions, the sway bar ends (not end links) stay square to the vehicle regardless of suspension travel, the axle however, will pivot and the mounts for the sway bar pivot with the axle, thus creating the need for joint misalignment. If this were untrue, OEM manufacturers would not use a bushing/joint on sway bar end links. On a 12.5" travel front shock (JL 3.5"), assuming full use of shock travel, the sway bar end link must be capable of about 30 degrees. As shock length increases, the need for misalignment increases with it.

I really have no interest in arguing over a public forum, it makes us both look bad. I hope I've explained well enough for you to see the requirement for misalignment capability.

Sponsored

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Im looking to get the steer smart sway bar link end which state that this is for 2.5 - 3.5 lift, I want to know if this will work and will not have any issues as My lift is only 2 inch

The lift kit is dynatrac endurosport only 2inch lift, the front sway bar links installed is the back sway bar link stock as this was the instruction from the lift kit when it was installed because it is longer.

Any advice is appreciated, I have attached the picture measured the size of the current sway bar link

A55D60D9-0A1C-43FC-A274-2724973D5FC6.jpeg

8029D7CD-8EC0-43CD-A709-128441E84001.jpeg

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Speaking of sway bar endlinks @Rock Krawler Suspension what torque specs do you recommend for the rear end links included with the 2.5” stock mod system? Factory specs?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
75-80 ft-lbs
Awesome thanks, that’s what I ended up going with. Possibly going to look into a set of rear links utilizing a heim or ball style joint. There is a noticeable amount of binding happening while driving. Confirmed it by putting the old rear links back on and driving the same stretch of road. Could also be user install error, ha!
Sponsored