First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
Hi everyone!! My 2019 Firecracker Red 2 Door Rubicon is here. I have had it 3 weeks. I just checked out all the sway bar and rock lockers today. I am a highway inspector and the job has plenty of hills and big piles of dirt. Was a breeze. Anyway I bought mine with a hard top and my wife and I want to get a soft top for next spring. Trouble is I don’t know a thing about them. We are looking the one that folds all the way back and rest on the tire and I would like to have the windows tinted. It is going to be a seasonal thing. Soft in summer and hard in the winter. I am looking good quality rather than a name with a high price. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
P. Paris
Sponsored

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
We bought a JLR last October with a hard top. We wanted a soft top initially, but could not find one on a 2 door in yellow. After the rainy winter season, we were looking for the soft top. At the time there was really only three options. One option was the Bestop Trektop. Even though it is the cheapest option, it does not fold all the way down, which was the deal breaker.

The other two were the Mopar soft tops (premium and regular). Everyone suggests the premium because it is quieter, longer lasting, etc. We have 6 months without rain and the top is open most of the time in some form (windows off, sunrider, or all the way down), so the quieter version was not a requirement. Also, at the rate that we purchase new vehicles, I doubt we will wear out the soft top (second owner problem). We purchased the regular Mopar soft top. Just before we bought the top, we received a coupon from Mopar for 15% off any Mopar parts purchase through the dealership we bought the Jeep at, so we used that to get a decent price. The Mopar top comes with and without tint, both are/were at the time the same price.

I have no complaints about the Mopar top. I cannot tell you if it is worth it to go premium as I have never driven the premium at highway speeds, but the regular soft top is just fine closed on the highway.

OP
OP
Parispete

Parispete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
I have a great person who sold me the Rubi. I will text to see if she can hook me up with a coupon. Thanks

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Highly recommend the OEM Twill soft top. We got the dual top group and have the soft top on right now. The ability to have the front/back open with top partially open while riding is very nice. Having it in safari mode is also cool with side and rear windows out. Folding all the way down is very easy and overall the mechanism is smooth and not bad for one person to work it up or down. I would advise on also getting the OEM bag for the side and rear windows also.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
MOPAR premium top for the win. As I’ve seen others on the forum say, “buy once, cry once.”

22,000 miles and 14 months with my top, including a New England winter. Fantastic quality.

AFAIK the “standard” top does not have tinted windows. The premium does. Also, no reports of premium ripping, but the same is not true for the standard top (where a few have reported ripping seems).

Sponsored

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
AFAIK the “standard” top does not have tinted windows.
Below are the part numbers for the soft tops (from Mopar email 3/29/19). All tops have the window tint as an option.
upload_2019-9-6_8-33-10.png

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I'm on my 7th jeep (Some with hard tops, some with soft, some with both)

Our current 2019 came with the Premium Sunrider top. It is outstanding in every way. Quality look/feel/sound. Sunrider mode, Safari mode, easy up/down. Excellent. In a year we're buying a 2021 diesel, and it will have the Premium Sunrider top. It's exceptional for our needs.

Cheers,
James

Harper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Black and Tan
Highly recommend the OEM Twill soft top. We got the dual top group and have the soft top on right now. The ability to have the front/back open with top partially open while riding is very nice. Having it in safari mode is also cool with side and rear windows out. Folding all the way down is very easy and overall the mechanism is smooth and not bad for one person to work it up or down. I would advise on also getting the OEM bag for the side and rear windows also.
I got the Black and Tan wich has the premium sun rider top. Its really nice, and I see no need to ever fully remove it since it folds away so nicely. We had the side panels and doors off for the first 6 weeks we owned it, and that top was perfect.

Also, I second that mopar bag, definitey worth the $75 bucks. It really nice.

Be aware though, kids easily confuse these for Jungle gyms....

20190907_114316.jpg
Sponsored