Sponsored

Which side do taller/longer front springs go?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Mopar lift instructions have RF & LF reversed?

Installed Mopar lift kit on my JLR and now leans on passenger side...Did not measure springs before I installed them but did 100% verify part numbers were correct per Mopar instructions and everything is 100% correctly installed. Today I picked up a new set of Mopar front springs that come in the kit (2-door Mopar kit number 77072396AD) springs that come in the kit (LF 6841-4069AA & RF 6841-4071AA) as a weekend project in an attempt to fix lean. (Before lift was dead nuts level side to side) These springs I did measure and was surprised to see the DRIVER SIDE is the taller spring! I have included a picture and the taller spring on the left is tagged 6841-4069AA, left front per Mopar Comic Book instructions...Everything I have read or heard was taller spring went on passenger side.

IMG_1201.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More pictures, lest text...Could Mopar Comic Book instructions be wrong? Mopar instructions show the longer front spring (ending in 069AA) as driver side! This could explain the passenger side lean after installing the Mopar lift, ordered new springs from the Mopar kit to see if I had defective springs-may just be defective Mopar instructions...Everything I have read or heard is the longer springs should go to the passenger side.

IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1203.jpg
IMG_1202.jpg

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone from Jeep care to chime in on this? Anyone??

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone from Jeep care to chime in on this? Anyone??
I’m glad I don’t read the instructions, lol, I’ve installed so many of these lifts, I would have a lot of pissed off customers.....lol...right or wrong I’ve always put the longer springs on the passenger side, and so far I haven’t had any problems.....

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m glad I don’t read the instructions, lol, I’ve installed so many of these lifts, I would have a lot of pissed off customers.....lol...right or wrong I’ve always put the longer springs on the passenger side, and so far I haven’t had any problems.....

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After installing new Mopar lift front springs and switching LF and RF from what the Mopar instructions read, my front passenger side now sits less than 1/4 inch lower than the drivers-much better than the hair over 3/4 inch after installing the Mopar lift. As Roky and others have said, the longer springs go to the passenger side-Mopar instructions wrongly have the longer front spring going to the drivers side.

I expected similar results with the rear... However after receiving new Mopar lift rear springs only to discover they appear to be nearly identical, including exactly the same paint markers on the top coil and measuring no more than 1/16 inch difference in length...I am wondering if the only difference in these are the part numbers? This has gotten personal now and I will get answers- I am shipping the new Mopar springs I just received to an American shop that manufactures custom coil springs for them to do a calibration test and will soon know what if any differences there really are. The OEM springs are clearly different with the passenger rear being a strong 3/8 inch longer than drivers rear and my JLR was dead level side to side before the Mopar lift. I am doing this mainly to satisfy my own curiosity and I will put the stronger rear spring (if there is one) on the passenger side. I also have a plan 'B', I bought a pair of the Teraflex 1/2 inch rear spring spacers (mount from top, above the factory rubber spring seat) and milled one of them down to 3/8 inch. In the end, one them should help level the passenger side rear if needed.

One of the main reasons I bought the Mopar lift was because it was one of the only ones to offer corner-specific springs for a 2-door and I did not want to hassle with trying to level my JLR side to side after installing a lift...FAIL!
At least the 2.5 inch Fox shocks are awesome :)
Sponsored