Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
Clubs

Why that choice if you don’t mind me asking? Also how was installing?
The dealer had them installed at a local shop. I like the boards, although i have had problems with the led lights that light up when they deploy. The boards are stable and have ample room to step up on them to get in and out of the jeep.

Sponsored

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

Just installed the slide engineering sliders with step today. They are not cheap but are very nice and are stout. Our jeep is our overland and rock crawling rig so we wanted a step but good protection.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which power running boards and why? download_20211224_123742~2

Jeep Wrangler JL Which power running boards and why? PXL_20211224_200812502.MP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Just installed the slide engineering sliders with step today. They are not cheap but are very nice and are stout. Our jeep is our overland and rock crawling rig so we wanted a step but good protection.

Look sweeet!! Any tips on the install?

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

Look sweeet!! Any tips on the install?
I used heat on every body mount bolt to make sure I did not break one, which I guess sounds pretty common. I heated each one and worked it back and forth slowly. It appeared to me that both front body mount bolts had red locktite from the factory so i wonder if those are the ones people are breaking. I installed the entire wire harness loose and zip tied it all done very last. The install is pretty straight forward and not to difficult. The interior trim panels can be a little bit of a pain to pop loose. They push in towards the inside of the jeep not up. I keep reading people having issues with the steps. I guess time will tell but it sounds like their customer service is very good.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
I used heat on every body mount bolt to make sure I did not break one, which I guess sounds pretty common. I heated each one and worked it back and forth slowly. It appeared to me that both front body mount bolts had red locktite from the factory so i wonder if those are the ones people are breaking. I installed the entire wire harness loose and zip tied it all done very last. The install is pretty straight forward and not to difficult. The interior trim panels can be a little bit of a pain to pop loose. They push in towards the inside of the jeep not up. I keep reading people having issues with the steps. I guess time will tell but it sounds like their customer service is very good.
Awesome thanks !!

Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
RSE boards expected to arrive tomorrow, thanks for the installation info!
LF

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Had Amp Research installed by a shop on mine a couple of months ago. Very stable. Like the LED lights.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Had Amp Research on my JK for several years. Worked Ok in the summer, but were terrible in the winter. I'll never buy them again.
Sponsored