Sponsored

Which Packages / Options do you WISH you had ordered?

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Heyas,
Trying to round out my build so I can be ready when the '22s become available. So far my big upgrades are a color, hard top, automatic, and the Tow Group.

Are there factory options you wish you had purchased? Pretty much every accessory is available aftermarket but sometimes they nail it with the factory part.
Is an aftermarket Hardtop a better choice? Better quality or lower price.
Tow Group seemed expense but everything will be wired at the factory with upgrades to the Alt and batter.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Factory hard top so the Jeep will be wired for the wiper and washer fluid. If you’re wanting a hard top.

Since I actually Offroad my Jeep I wish the extreme recon package was available when I bought my Jeep. Just for the 4.56 or 4.88 axle gears. But I’d probably have stuck with the factory lift and 35” tires for a few years if I had done that lol. Even though I prefer 37” tires.

I am glad I got the 8.4” radio. It sounds good enough for me. And I really like my forward facing trail camera on the Jeep. I could care less about the stock navigation as I’d rather use Apple Maps or Google maps.

Other than that just decide what’s really important to you and the prices you’re willing to pay. Order accordingly.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Proximity doors. I regret this one almost every day. Seriously considering adding it myself, but wish I had gotten it in the firsr place.

On an automobile with an actual key to turn in the ignition, I know that I'll need the key out anyway, so it is automatic to pull it out.

Something about this being push button start, but not proximity, confuses my brain, and I still find myself pulling the locked handles almost everyday, two years later.

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Proximity doors. I regret this one almost every day. Seriously considering adding it myself, but wish I had gotten it in the firsr place.

On an automobile with an actual key to turn in the ignition, I know that I'll need the key out anyway, so it is automatic to pull it out.

Something about this being push button start, but not proximity, confuses my brain, and I still find myself pulling the locked handles almost everyday, two years later.
Very easy add…just did mine about a month ago.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

-Tow package was an absolute must for me.
-Cloth seats. I most likely would go leather next time for ease of cleaning. The jeep gets covered in a layer of dust and mud after off-roading with the doors and top off. Vacuum works but a wipe would be faster.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Factory or aftermarket, make sure you have a plan for LEDs. Stock Jeep headlights truly suck. They are a safety hazard on dark roads.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Tow package for the Aux switches, and 8.4” Uconnect radio instead of the 7” version.

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Proximity locks. I didn’t because I rarely lock my Jeep, but when I do I yank the door like it should open, then get frustrated and start digging out my key out, all the while wishing I had opted for the proximity locks.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
What is it you like more about the 8.4"?
If I understand the Owners manual correctly, additional features on the 8.4”, not the display itself (7” is plenty adequate in that department). The 8.4” opens up XM Guardian services… of course, I don’t know that I would actually pay what they want for those services after the 12 month free trial, but having a years free subscription would have been a nice bonus…..

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
So I'm on the Jeep site trying to configure a base Sport for what I want and the entry feature requires other upgrades??? " Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry requires you to make a Doors selection "
$4k is a lot of money when I don't need the extra doors.
Am I doing something wrong?

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So I'm on the Jeep site trying to configure a base Sport for what I want and the entry feature requires other upgrades??? " Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry requires you to make a Doors selection "
$4k is a lot of money when I don't need the extra doors.
Am I doing something wrong?
You are doing it correct but no way should you pay for the 4k worth of half doors just to get the probity feature..lol..you are looking at the base sport for a reason cost! However if I were you seriously look at the Base Willys Sport you get so much more useable stuff for 2K!!! I am waiting for the 2022 model info to be released before I order mine and most likely will be opting for the Rubicon model but I have been reading so many horror stories in here regarding the rear axles having to be replaced over and over all because of a stupid faulty sensor that can’t be replaced! This will cost a fortune out of warranty so I m truly thinking of getting the Base Willys and building it up better then the Rubicon which would be cheaper And more purpose built! Besides personally I love the manual roll up windows and locks it’s Old School and my kids loved them on our last Jeep too..lol
Sponsored