Sponsored

Which packages are worth it for Daily Driver use?

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure if they put the North package (28E) on 21's or not, but it's a great way to get a lot of the recommended cold climate amenities for a discount. I have this package, and it comes with;
* All-Terrain tires
* Selec-Trac
* Limited Slip
* 8.4 radio with Alpine and Nav
* Cold Weather Group (Heated seats, steering wheel, remote start)
* 3 piece hard top
* All weather floor mats
* Trail rated kit, which is some tow straps and bag.

The package price was $3,820, which is a decent discount for everything you get. I'm in South Carolina with mild winters, but still like having the heated seats.
Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Remote proxy entrance all day. It's one of the only add-ons my rubi has, and man I've fallen in love with not needing to get to the key fob, especially if I am carrying something to the vehicle.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
For me the 2 must haves on my DD (and weekend warrior!) are the Sky One Touch top and the LED package. I don't really like the driver aids on the JL so I stayed away from those, the cold weather package is way less than necessary down in Tucson, and I'm not an audiophile so I think the stock stereo is good enough, although I might spring to upgrade the in dash speakers at some point. I have the remote start but its not a must have, just nice when i want to leave the dogs in it with the AC on and not leave the key in there. Prox to me would have been useful, but certainly not a must have. I also am very impressed with the cloth seats so stayed away from leather.

The SOT is be best thing for my needs, its so easy to press a button I can get a fully open feel in 18s and then can put it right back up if its too hot, cold, rainy, whatever. I hated the stock halogens when i saw them so the LEDs were highly recommended, but I could have gone aftermarket if i didn't get the LEDs.

Honestly, I don' think there are any must haves for everyone, but some packages are highly recommended depending on needs and budget.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Whatever has the adaptive cruise control, I use that crap all the time and would have never though it something I would want. Kind of like heated grips on a motorcycle. You don't realize how awesome they are until you have them.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I would not buy options for resale. When factoring in the cost of the option, most of the time they don't make any positive difference. Spending an extra $1k for resale doesn't make sense if it get you 0-$600 later in resale. Often the best resale value is the base model with no options. I know of some exceptions, but those are far and few between and usually it is a collectors model. I have had MT and never had a problem selling them either.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
A couple of things:
-I love the 8.4/Alpine. It's a fine audio system and I don't want to tinker too much with the radio to get good sound.
-The LEDs are excellent, and when all is said and done, comparably priced with aftermarket options.
-The Cold Weather package is great, and I use the heated seats whenever my back is stiff.
-For daily driving, the LSD or Selec-Trac (or Rock-Trac on a Rubi) is a must, as they will give you the most options for traction. I miss the Full Time 4WD option as I got my Rubi before they offered it.
-Nanny systems are a personal (for now) preference, but I got the Safety Package knowing a future owner will probably want it. The Advanced Safety Package is a good value, but I skipped it.

Two items I would insist on are Remote Proximity Entry (a must convenience) and the All Weather Floor Mats EXCEPT I would buy them aftermarket, as even the Mopar ones are cheaper that way and if you order/purchase with them, you lose the carpet mats. Why pay more ($165 vs. $130) to get less?

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I just took all of them.. I thought allot and hard about it and then got tired and said to hell with it.. Order everything!

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
My JLU Sport S is my daily driver.
Cold weather package
tech package
7” radio
hard top
windows
locks
2.0 Turbo
automatic transmission

I’ve had a Jeep before, (2012 JKU Sahara) so I kind of knew what I was looking for. My Jeep never sees any really tough off roading, it truly is a daily driver. It gets cold where I live and I love the cold weather package.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Whatever has the adaptive cruise control, I use that crap all the time and would have never though it something I would want. Kind of like heated grips on a motorcycle. You don't realize how awesome they are until you have them.
Yep, especially in our area where people can't cruise at a steady speed to save their lives. That's the one feature I wish I optioned that I didn't.

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
  1. 8-speed automatic
  2. 3-piece hardtop
  3. LED lighting
  4. Cold Weather Group
  5. 8.4” & Premium Sound
  6. Selec-Trac
You are welcome.
Everything here but the premium sound...not worth it. Upgrade
your system aftermarket. Far better.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Everything here but the premium sound...not worth it. Upgrade
your system aftermarket. Far better.
You get it whether you want it or not when you get the 8.4” screen.

JLAero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
As many others have mentioned, the must have options are greatly a personal perspective. When we got our 2019 JLUS a couple years ago as our first Jeep, my must haves were the LED package, the Cold Weather Group, both safety groups, the 8.4 Alpine, and remote proximity keyless entry. Found one at a local dealer and absolutely loved it. We traded it in 13 months later on a JTR, and I had the same list of must haves for the Gladiator. Just bought our daughter a 2021 Sahara with the Altitude package. Had the same list of must haves for it. It was almost impossible to find a Sahara locally that had the Advanced Safety Group. If the local dealers had any JLs with it, they were typically fully-loaded JLRs. Last weekend, I decided to check the inventory at a dealer on the other side of town, and they had one JL with the Advanced Safety Group and it was advertised with a decent price to boot. Picked it up yesterday!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Congrats on your new Jeep. Have you ever considered ordering?
Sponsored