Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Not really.
If you wanted something like that where I am, AND have it be road legal.. 100K would be a good price.
The wrangler rubicon in that trim is 65-70k. Euro.. not dollars.
I think there are lots of guys on this forum with 20-30K in parts. Hell.. a Hemi swap already covers that.

Apparently the guy had been there a few times but the depth had changed in the mean time.
Yeah, it's bone headed, but I think we can all appreciate having done something stupid in our lives and either getting lucky or getting burned.
I am at or around 24K in parts and aftermarket stuff. It is not hard to do. I was thinking that I wos around 14 or 15k and my bud called bullshit and pulled up the calculator on his phone and said start naming shit off with the price..... I stopped at 23k, but later thought to myself hell I missed the Bestop Sunrider at $930, the new winch at $900, the new front bumper at $755 and various other stuff here and there..... It is not hard to forget things that add up quick.
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Those bars are round for one, two, theyre a foot above your head. Fucking OSHA inspectors up in here.
So, you really can not see the very sharp metal edges, for example by the passenger and driver window?

Those would not be allowed in a race car. And even the round/no-sharp-edge ones on sports race cars required high density rubber padding in any area that the helmet can come in contact with. (I know because I race).

I could not think of a more dangerous thing to install inside a road vehicle than those bars.

Not my place to criticize anyone's build - everyone should build as they want. I'm only commenting in case someone has not thought of the consequences of their head's coming into contact with those bars, and my comments can prevent an injury. Not saying more on this topic.

Have fun, be safe.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
A snorkel and not Stopping in the deep water would have pretty much prevented all damage. Should have spent the $101k I guess.
I can attest that once the water level gets to the bottom of the dash it's game over. The electronics die way before water level gets to the OEM intake. Snorkels are worthless. And the recovery from the mud sealed it's fate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of you was this? $100K Jeep flooded and totaled in the river 0F9D8ADF-7DB3-44F9-BEEB-23B8EEDDF741
Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of you was this? $100K Jeep flooded and totaled in the river 1641C5A5-BB32-47FC-8C12-96F807328A39
Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of you was this? $100K Jeep flooded and totaled in the river 6126B33C-C5F9-4C70-BAC3-FF9E38116889

Sponsored

Mack Daddy

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon 2 door
So, you really can not see the very sharp metal edges, for example by the passenger and driver window?

Those would not be allowed in a race car. And even the round/no-sharp-edge ones on sports race cars required high density rubber padding in any area that the helmet can come in contact with. (I know because I race).

I could not think of a more dangerous thing to install inside a road vehicle than those bars.

Not my place to criticize anyone's build - everyone should build as they want. I'm only commenting in case someone has not thought of the consequences of their head's coming into contact with those bars, and my comments can prevent an injury. Not saying more on this topic.

Have fun, be safe.
If you watch his bid video, you will see it appears he has 5 point harnesses on both front seats which if worn properly would make it very difficult for a normal sized human to come in contact with the interior cage apparatus.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I can attest that once the water level gets to the bottom of the dash it's game over. The electronics die way before water level gets to the OEM intake. Snorkels are worthless. And the recovery from the mud sealed it's fate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of you was this? $100K Jeep flooded and totaled in the river 6126B33C-C5F9-4C70-BAC3-FF9E38116889
You can replace all damaged modules for less than 20k.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey

Oh My! Look at how stretched the door net is. It's never coming back from that.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
That might sting a bit more.
It was really bad. I'm going to find out where it happened next time I'm out in Oklahoma. Apparently it is a really popular place for 4 wheeling and hunting.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Apparently not all offroader's have a girlfriend like mine. 😀

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of you was this? $100K Jeep flooded and totaled in the river PXL_20210505_214104823
When we drove up on that section, there were 4 ATVs and a SXS in the deepest spot. I looked at my wife and said that she just got lucky and wouldn’t need to get her feet wet. The nasty faced response was priceless. I couldn’t stop giggling. 🤣

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Have fun, be safe.
not sure how valid it is but ive always heard, going on 25+ years, that its against CA vehicle code to drive on the street with a roll cage and you can certainly be ticketed, if not have your car impounded for being an unsafe vehicle. of course we see people do it. my buddy had a convertible mustang with a full cage in it he would daily drive lol. typically only the CHP are really aware of stuff like that. local cops are busy doing real police work lol
Sponsored