Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Unless I misunderstood that part, they could not. The guy had to use a knife to cut open a slit to access the orange whatever it was.
Nah, he just used the knife to pop off the little trim piece that covers the orange emergency pull thingy that allows you to get it into neutral while not running.
Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Unless I misunderstood that part, they could not. The guy had to use a knife to cut open a slit to access the orange whatever it was.
They didnā€™t get the transmission into neutral, he ended up just shifting the tcase to neutral

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Nah, he just used the knife to pop off the little trim piece that covers the orange emergency pull thingy that allows you to get it into neutral while not running.
Excellent jeep color! Signed, too darned far from Death Valley

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Wonder how much Curious George contributed to the twenty bricks of unmarked one dollar bills at the end.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
When you guys add all these mods do you call your insurance company and let them know? If so, do they increase the rate? I always wondered if they would deny a claim on a vehicle that had been extremely modded but they never let their insurance company know or the insurance company may only pay out as if the vehicle hadnā€™t been modified.

Sponsored

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They didnā€™t get the transmission into neutral, he ended up just shifting the tcase to neutral
To properly flat tow an automatic Jeep, the trans shifter needs to be in park and the t-case in neutral.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
What's the wagon-looking buggy they took out as part of the recovery team? that looked awesome.

And that is a sweet ass Jeep to flood but the owner seems to have enough money to just go grab another one. "When you come to IL i can take you out on the boat" said no poor man ever.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The whole reason they had to get the recovery crew was because it was still in drive. Not sure what the guy did (some orange tab or something) that he pulled that finally released it and went into neutral. If it was in neutral his buddy could have pulled him out.
it seems they needed those serious rigs to tow the guys jeep all the way back to civilization as well. i doubt his buddy could have done that just with his jeep. the recovery guys had all three jeeps hooked up to it, to help pull it along. 4k+ lbs of dead rolling weight. up and over terrain and hills.

wild uneducated guess that bill would be around $5k. ive seen in other videos, where it was just the one main jeep/crew and in the comments they mention a couple grand. now you have three highly built rigs and crews.... this had to have taken hours to boot. at that point your only other option is to abandon it and report it stolen lol.

Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
What's the wagon-looking buggy they took out as part of the recovery team? that looked awesome.

And that is a sweet ass Jeep to flood but the owner seems to have enough money to just go grab another one. "When you come to IL i can take you out on the boat" said no poor man ever.
It started life as a Corvair Lakewood wagon.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
When you guys add all these mods do you call your insurance company and let them know? If so, do they increase the rate? I always wondered if they would deny a claim on a vehicle that had been extremely modded but they never let their insurance company know or the insurance company may only pay out as if the vehicle hadnā€™t been modified.
My insurance agent always just said to keep documented receipts.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
it seems they needed those serious rigs to tow the guys jeep all the way back to civilization as well. i doubt his buddy could have done that just with his jeep. the recovery guys had all three jeeps hooked up to it, to help pull it along. 4k+ lbs of dead rolling weight. up and over terrain and hills.

wild uneducated guess that bill would be around $5k. ive seen in other videos, where it was just the one main jeep/crew and in the comments they mention a couple grand. now you have three highly built rigs and crews.... this had to have taken hours to boot. at that point your only other option is to abandon it and report it stolen lol.
I agree. I had the kaching, kaching, kaching sound in my head while watching this video with all of those crew members getting deep in the mud and the young poor guy who had to sit behind the wheel in a mud puddle for HOURS while they dragged it back to the road! Yeah, that cost the guy a pretty penny!

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I agree. I had the kaching, kaching, kaching sound in my head while watching this video with all of those crew members getting deep in the mud and the young poor guy who had to sit behind the wheel in a mud puddle for HOURS while they dragged it back to the road! Yeah, that cost the guy a pretty penny!
He might not have charged as much as you might think. I've seen estimates of his YouTube revenue being in the $500,000/$750,000 range. He could afford to cut some slack on the recovery charge in order to get the content.
Sponsored