mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Un
That'd be totaled, right? What would an insurance agent say about the whole thing?

Asking since my '20 JLUR was recently totaled from being rear-ended. Got $5k more than we paid for it 16 months and 18k miles ago.
Unless he sucked muddy water into the engine, I don’t see why it would be.
Even then, a new engine isn’t too bad.

is this a 392 or are we inflating the cost of mods to make it “100k” in the headline?
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Yeah 100k seems like it was just thrown out there. Rubicon with a lift and tires...

Maybe them stickers cost more than I expected!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Forget the recovery... I'm still trying to get my head around "$100,000 Jeep".
Not really.
If you wanted something like that where I am, AND have it be road legal.. 100K would be a good price.
The wrangler rubicon in that trim is 65-70k. Euro.. not dollars.
I think there are lots of guys on this forum with 20-30K in parts. Hell.. a Hemi swap already covers that.

Apparently the guy had been there a few times but the depth had changed in the mean time.
Yeah, it's bone headed, but I think we can all appreciate having done something stupid in our lives and either getting lucky or getting burned.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Not really.
If you wanted something like that where I am, AND have it be road legal.. 100K would be a good price.
The wrangler rubicon in that trim is 65-70k. Euro.. not dollars.
I think there are lots of guys on this forum with 20-30K in parts. Hell.. a Hemi swap already covers that.

Apparently the guy had been there a few times but the depth had changed in the mean time.
Yeah, it's bone headed, but I think we can all appreciate having done something stupid in our lives and either getting lucky or getting burned.
I've definitely done some dumb things in my time, but if he's been there before he would've noted the river bank line change. It's always a good idea to verify depth before fording even if you have traveled through a location before, nature isn't constant. A friend of mine died because they did not check the terrain before maneuvering.
As long as no muddy water got in the engine it should be fine, I'd let it dry out and then change all the filters and fluids (even diff).

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I've definitely done some dumb things in my time, but if he's been there before he would've noted the river bank line change. It's always a good idea to verify depth before fording even if you have traveled through a location before, nature isn't constant. A friend of mine died because they did not check the terrain before maneuvering.
As long as no muddy water got in the engine it should be fine, I'd let it dry out and then change all the filters and fluids (even diff).
I think it's pretty common to start feeling unstoppable in a modded out rig. Definitely a reality check for him and at least it only cost him time and funny.. I mean money.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the recovery... I'm still trying to get my head around "$100,000 Jeep".
I guess mods added up :). I see full roll cage inside and kinda looks like upgraded axles 🤷‍♂️

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of you was this? $100K Jeep flooded and totaled in the river 18B21B5D-73F4-4F19-B0D6-3A6F121813F7

Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Some of the folks on here may be forgetting he may not have been able to do the work himself. I don’t have a good way do a lift for instance. That will drive up the price in his upgrades dramatically.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
It’s got Dana 60/80 axles, metal cloak 3.5 with the 6pak shocks. Internal roll cage. Rigid lights. There’s your 100k
What I find HILARIOUS and an obvious indicator of bought not built... the lack of a stubby antenna.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Some of the folks on here may be forgetting he may not have been able to do the work himself. I don’t have a good way do a lift for instance. That will drive up the price in his upgrades dramatically.
Exactly!!! People on here have criticized what I've spent so far on my Jeep, saying no way is there $25,000 put into it, well, I am not mechanical, never have been so I took it to professionals to have all the work done, so far it has been in the shop twice being modded and customized to my liking, it's going in again next month for more. paying someone to do the work adds up but is worth it to make sure it is done right and will last!!
Sponsored