Sponsored

Which one of these 3 options would you pick?

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Also, I an help, show you how I got my ordered JLUR for 6% under invoice with the help of this site. How I did it. Then maybe get all three options.
If you don't mind I may tap you for that when it comes time to order! I see where are in the same location. (I went to one of our local dealers a few months back just to do a test drive and I have to say, it was a terrible experience but whatever, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things).

The one person who suggested slightly used on auto trader, unfortunately finding what I want, at the price I want (high resale value on used wranglers) would be like finding a needle in the haystack. I mean a Sport S with selec-trac alone would probably eliminate all the Wranglers in my area. If for some reason trying to get a new vehicle doesn't work out, then yeah I will probably go with just a regular sport lowest mileage best price and forego what I *really* want, but that's a plan B down the road.

I guess another question that popped up if someone cares to answer, how much space does the alipine stereo take up? I like to camp a fair bit and always welcome the extra space. Thanks again for all the replies, I have a lot to think about.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
If you don't mind I may tap you for that when it comes time to order! I see where are in the same location. (I went to one of our local dealers a few months back just to do a test drive and I have to say, it was a terrible experience but whatever, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things).

The one person who suggested slightly used on auto trader, unfortunately finding what I want, at the price I want (high resale value on used wranglers) would be like finding a needle in the haystack. I mean a Sport S with selec-trac alone would probably eliminate all the Wranglers in my area. If for some reason trying to get a new vehicle doesn't work out, then yeah I will probably go with just a regular sport lowest mileage best price and forego what I *really* want, but that's a plan B down the road.

I guess another question that popped up if someone cares to answer, how much space does the alipine stereo take up? I like to camp a fair bit and always welcome the extra space. Thanks again for all the replies, I have a lot to think about.
The Alpine system does not take up any real usable space. The sub is the only think that take up some room on the front part of the rear wheel tub. It maybe goes out into the rear cargo area an inch or so.

Errick

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Wrangler JL, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Just curious peoples thoughts and well, maybe it just makes for some good discussion too! I have pretty much decided on the build I would like for my Wrangler Unlimited, and I wanted to add one option but can't decide between the three. Bear in mind I live in Michigan when factoring this in. Overall its a pretty simple order

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
-Selec-trac
-Auto
-4 Cylinder

So of these three extra options what would you choose?
-Alpine Stereo
-Led Headlights
-Cold Weather Package

1. While I am not an extreme audiophile, I love music, and having a nice system would be great because I am always listening to music especially in my vehicle. So right now I am leading towards this option. Not sure I have really ever ordered the "upgraded stereo system" in a vehicle before.
2. I love LED headlights in my current car and it also has the adaptive headlights, which are nice. Reading about the LED headlights here, I hear they are a complete pain in the winter time and don't melt snow/ice? If that's the case, I'd probably stick with halogen even though I know they are much worse at night.
3. A nice feature I have now, but I run kinda hot anyway, and I hear the Jeep heats up so quickly its not really needed whatsoever.

So what say you, best bang for your buck option? Also, the 8.4 inch radio premium package doesn't include the Alpine stereo right? That is separate?

Thanks everyone!
Without a doubt cold weather package. I live in northern michigan and I have the package on my 2020 sport S. Heated seats and steering wheel are a great luxury to have especially as you get older.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
No question about it!

Cold Weather Group

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
-Alpine Stereo
-Led Headlights
-Cold Weather Package
You might not like this answer, but I'd choose all three! Only one I could live without is the alpine stereo. It's not that great for the money. But It is a pain to DIY an aftermarket install. I've done two and it gets messy.

Sponsored

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Don't drive much at night. Hearing ain't that great to know a difference. My choice would be the heating; nothing beats warm seats!

ct18

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I am also in Mich and the wife said no cold weather package no Jeep. I traded in my Laramie to get into the Rubicon and she would not give up the heated seats and wheel. I miss the cooled seats myself. I also hate the headlights on the jeep, i was not able to get LED. I wanted certain things and it didn't come with LED or selec-trac.

Ridgerunner542

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
42 Ford GPW, 12 4Runner, 16 VW Sportwagen
I’d go with cold weather. As far as I understand the only thing you can’t add aftermarket is the heated steering wheel.

I can remember on the Discovery II Land Rovers all the seats came prefitted with the heating elements. If you didn’t have the cold weather package all you had to do was add the switches for the seats and plug them in. I’m sure Jeep doesn’t do that.

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

Cold weather package is the one option I sometimes regret not having with my Wrangler.

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Cold weather group for sure...
there are many aftermarket LED lights and easy to install.

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I would pick Led Headlights. Do this aftermarket with DOT approved lights gets VERY expensive if you want to go all LED

JLURfab

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Just curious peoples thoughts and well, maybe it just makes for some good discussion too! I have pretty much decided on the build I would like for my Wrangler Unlimited, and I wanted to add one option but can't decide between the three. Bear in mind I live in Michigan when factoring this in. Overall its a pretty simple order

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
-Selec-trac
-Auto
-4 Cylinder

-Alpine Stereo
-Led Headlights
-Cold Weather Package

1. While I am not an extreme audiophile, I love music, and having a nice system would be great because I am always listening to music especially in my vehicle. So right now I am leading towards this option. Not sure I have really ever ordered the "upgraded stereo system" in a vehicle before.
2. I love LED headlights in my current car and it also has the adaptive headlights, which are nice. Reading about the LED headlights here, I hear they are a complete pain in the winter time and don't melt snow/ice? If that's the case, I'd probably stick with halogen even though I know they are much worse at night.
3. A nice feature I have now, but I run kinda hot anyway, and I hear the Jeep heats up so quickly its not really needed whatsoever.

So what say you, best bang for your buck option? Also, the 8.4 inch radio premium package doesn't include the Alpine stereo right? That is separate?

Thanks everyone!
I'm looking to buy my first WranWrangler if I wasn't dead set on the JLUR I'd do all three

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I don't understand all the recommendations for the cold weather package. I have it. I love it. I get it. With that said and I live where the weather is crap. There are many days where the temp is under 40 degrees. What I don't understand is even with the cold, my Jeep is pushing warm to hat air in about a minute or about a mile out of the driveway.. When I do use the heated seats and heated steering wheel, it is to take the initial chill off. I use the heated steering wheel and heated seats for just a few minutes each time. The vents from the heater can be pointed right at your hands and will literally burn your hands off. It is not even a daily or every time you drive the Jeep thing.

The upgraded stereo use will use thousands more hours over the life of the vehicle regardless of the weather. Maybe I just like music that much more..
Ahhh, good old Lansing. :) I remember cruising down Saginaw Street in my Triumph TR-7, rocking out to Pink Floyd on my Blaupunkt 8 track. That was many, many years ago, and comfort now comes in way ahead of music for me. I would NEVER have another car without both heated seats and a heated wheel.
I have the premium Alpine audio system, too -- but primarily because it was the only way to get Navigation when I ordered mine. The stereo plays a lot more news than music in my Jeep. I **DO** wish I'd ordered the audio system for my Kubota, though. Close the doors, blast out the heat, and turn on the stereo --it'd definitely make plowing even more fun.

IMG_20190305_104849466 (2).jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I **DO** wish I'd ordered the audio system for my Kubota, though. Close the doors, blast out the heat, and turn on the stereo --it'd definitely make plowing even more fun.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of these 3 options would you pick? IMG_20190305_104849466 (2)
Forget the audio system. Kubota, et alia would be further ahead moving the seat a bit further back from the dashboard on their UTVs.

I drove one at our annual church festival; it served as a tug for the children's train. Getting in the first time, I scraped the hell of of my knee on the key, and almost tore the ignition switch out of the dash. Who would reasonably expect so little legroom? Yes, I'm tall, but I'm hardly the only non-short fellow on this blue marble. And, as a working vehicle, it must be said that these machines shouldn't be sized for women and children, as this one plainly was.

I was forced to sit a bit sideways just to drive the stupid thing, all the while wondering if they made a UTV that wasn't designed for Danny DeVito.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Instead of cluttering up stuff with new threads figured I would throw it in here. Some musings after playing around with the build your jeep feature on the Jeep website some more.

-To compare, I tried building a Sport Altitude and you cannot add the cold weather package with the 4 cylinder engine and selec-trac, it automatically removes both selec-trac and the 4cylinder options.

-On the Sport S, if you choose the 4 cylinder option, the cold weather package increases from the 600 dollar range to $995.

I am almost debating the Sport Altitude now too, I am glad I have time to mull things ever. It's that flip flopping between hard and soft top because I have nowhere to store a hard top unless its outside, and the easy convertible feature of the soft top sounds great. I wish I wasnt the most indecisive person ever when it comes to large purchases!
Sponsored