Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Listen, I like what custom was going for. If done just right, it can actually give off a vibe of distinction, class, modern elegance. That said, this isn't what happened here. Instead it feels just the opposite, cheap. Perhaps a font nerd can help figure out what's missing? Or it could just be the expectations of what you're up against.
Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I've worked in the design industry, so I can understand what you're trying to go for. I think in some applications, your design might actually be better. But on the side of the hood, it looks like a cheap imitation. I actually prefer no graphics at all... but that's me. Having said that, the most important opinion is yours. If *YOU* like it, it's awesome.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
OEM. But.......it's your rig so who cares what somebody else says.
For the record I prefer OEM too. And yes it's his rig.... but let's be honest. When making changes on something just for the sake of appearance, we (humans) crave the approval of other humans. We want others to notice the change. It gives us satisfaction.

So yea, his rig but the fact that he even posed the question to us means he wants others to approve.

And I think the crowd has spoken, lol.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
I am probably too far into this mod to back out now, but I am just curious as to which "Rubicon" graphics you folks prefer.

OEM:
oem.jpg

Custom:
reflective.jpg

As for me, I never liked the JL OEM "Rubicon" graphics on the Crystal Granite Metallic because they were dark letters against a dark background. Also, I did not care for the JL font. I really did like the "Rubicon" font on my JK Rubicon so I decided to try to replicate the JK Rubicon font while choosing a color with better contrast to the body color. I also choose reflective lettering to be different.
OEM, but with a brighter outline. The red doesn't contrast enough, but the blue of the 4XE Rubi graphics look amazing on Granite Crystal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which of these Rubicon graphics do you prefer: 1637263167612

Sponsored

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Looking at how the red outline tends to blend in with red paint, e.g snazzberry, I wonder if something along the lines of the OEM font with the outline removed would give you that thinner look while maintaining the OEM look that is well liked.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I like the OEM in either blue or red outline. Not trying to offend, but you need to get that Walmart or Auto Zone sticker off ASAP and run without it, or go with something different.....but hey, it's your ride.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

Sponsored

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Wife commandeered my JL as her daily then smooth talks me into naming 'her' ride. wth. decal from Don at pixeldecals.
As for me, the Jeep went from being "my Jeep", to "our Jeep". So that happened. I can read the handwriting on the wall.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As for me, the Jeep went from being "my Jeep", to "our Jeep". So that happened. I can read the handwriting on the wall.
My wife, Polly Practical, has zero interest in my JLU, preferring that I'd have kept my Ridgeline. And so the world is my oyster as it concerns what I do or don't do to the Jeep. :)

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Naked - nothing - looks best to me - clear bra guy stripped mine off. Looks clean, love it. I don’t like billboards and advertising for others and drawing the wrong attention to my expensive toys.

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I am probably too far into this mod to back out now, but I am just curious as to which "Rubicon" graphics you folks prefer.

OEM:
Jeep Wrangler JL Which of these Rubicon graphics do you prefer: 51689608113_c5aa565aca_b

Custom:
Jeep Wrangler JL Which of these Rubicon graphics do you prefer: 51689608113_c5aa565aca_b

As for me, I never liked the JL OEM "Rubicon" graphics on the Crystal Granite Metallic because they were dark letters against a dark background. Also, I did not care for the JL font. I really did like the "Rubicon" font on my JK Rubicon so I decided to try to replicate the JK Rubicon font while choosing a color with better contrast to the body color. I also choose reflective lettering to be different.
OEM looks much much better. The second one looks cheap. I get what you are trying to do and I think there are better options for you out there., such as replacing the black with a reflective film.
Sponsored