Sponsored

Which mount plate for stock steel bumper and smittbilt winch?

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
How much room does that winch need to clear grille? Does not look like much.

Jason
At a minimum in my case you would need clearance equal to the thickness of the winch cables going to the control box.

It sounds like @gm920 has even less clearance with their XRC winch than I do.

Something around a .5" - .75" is what I would be looking at for my application since I have up to 1" I could move forward
Sponsored

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That factors in the control box correct?
Good question. I don't have an easy way to throw my control box on to check it out, but the attached pic below shows the control box does appear to sit a little outside the footprint of the main chassis. But it appears to overhang just a little more than the width of the cables.

Maybe someone with an X20 could verify?

The Jeep grill is also heavily slanted providing increasing clearance going up to where the control box would be sitting.

image-380945554.jpg

(not my Jeep, random internet image of X20)

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
We'll look at adding a set of mounting holes further forward for this new Smittybilt winch. Be back with you all soon.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
At a minimum in my case you would need clearance equal to the thickness of the winch cables going to the control box.

It sounds like @gm920 has even less clearance with their XRC winch than I do.

Something around a .5" - .75" is what I would be looking at for my application since I have up to 1" I could move forward
The XRC Gen 3 winch is 1.3" wider than the X2O Gen 2, leaving barely .75" to move forward, which I don't believe will provide enough clearance to keep the cables off the grill.

Sponsored

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
@ROCK HARD 4X4 , can the plate be lowered? I think it’s an interesting observation nonetheless. Looking back at my photos, I could only move the winch up 1/4” so lowering it might have been the only option for Superwinch EXP. I sold it and am now considering a Smittybilt or Quadratec Stealth.

C54A38C7-2759-4CD8-85B1-A1F725033363.jpeg

489DB50F-D536-48F5-9856-1394912075FD.jpeg

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Not to go off topic, but does anyone know how much the X2O 10k weighs? I keep finding conflicting information, and Smittybilt is saying 99lbs

upload_2020-4-6_12-29-9.png

Seems real heavy for a Synthetic line winch.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not to go off topic, but does anyone know how much the X2O 10k weighs? I keep finding conflicting information, and Smittybilt is saying 99lbs

upload_2020-4-6_12-29-9.png

Seems real heavy for a Synthetic line winch.
Have an X2O comp sitting in my garage, waiting for my winch plate. Just went out and weighed it, winch, control box, cables and hardware, including hawse fairlead = 49 lbs. Rope and hook = 7lbs.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have an X2O comp sitting in my garage, waiting for my winch plate. Just went out and weighed it, winch, control box, cables and hardware, including hawse fairlead = 49 lbs. Rope and hook = 7lbs.
You're awesome! Thank you for taking the time to weigh everything for me. I think I'll order one this week.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You're awesome! Thank you for taking the time to weigh everything for me. I think I'll order one this week.
Last time I looked 4WP was selling the 12 K X2O Comp for less than the 10 K, should weigh the same as they are the same dimensions. If you look down the parts list for each, there are only about 3 internal parts that are different.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last time I looked 4WP was selling the 12 K X2O Comp for less than the 10 K, should weigh the same as they are the same dimensions. If you look down the parts list for each, there are only about 3 internal parts that are different.
I saw the 4WP deal, but they unfortunately charge sales tax in my area. Northridge is currently has the 10k on sale though.
I think you're right about them being basically the same. I read somewhere that the only real difference is the gear ratio. The 12k has more pulling power, while the 10k will winch faster.
Sponsored