GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
It has the wrong wheels.

Also that "9k valued lift/tires" seems weird. The jeep has considerable rake, so probably has a shitty lift kit.
Either Mopar or stock LCAs.

95C659A3-2D0F-4224-9544-E158CC349018.jpeg
Sponsored

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392
It has the wrong wheels.

Also that "9k valued lift/tires" seems weird. The jeep has considerable rake, so probably has a shitty lift kit.
I was thinking the same thing...plus just because you PAID $9k for something doesn't mean that is where it is "VALUED"

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I was thinking the same thing...plus just because you PAID $9k for something doesn't mean that is where it is "VALUED"
Some shitty dishonest mechanic or stealership probably put a set of coil spacers and added fox shocks and called it a day. Charged thousands for the job. Left stock arms and the Jeep rides like shit, so owner is selling it.

And the owner is like "oh wow i have a fox lift" smh.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gadget.....the owner is claiming 24mpg on highway....could that even be close to true?
No probably not. With my 35’s and all my other add-ons (winch, skidplate etc) my Jeep is pretty heavy. I got 19 mpg avg (95%) highway with 36psi (I usually run 28-30psi). That was on cruise control 70-75mph. Around town I average 15mpg or so, but I have a heavy foot.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Medicaptain

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Plat....looking for a JL
GREAT stuff everyone.....I am not sure why TF I do this to myself....I do nationwide searches nearly every day...but I just need to go order EXACTLY what I want.

There was a set of XR wheels/tires local for a decent price that I was going to put on this one.....but I left with an uneasy feeling even though it was a pleasure to drive....and you all confirmed it

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
GREAT stuff everyone.....I am not sure why TF I do this to myself....I do nationwide searches nearly every day...but I just need to go order EXACTLY what I want.

There was a set of XR wheels/tires local for a decent price that I was going to put on this one.....but I left with an uneasy feeling even though it was a pleasure to drive....and you all confirmed it
Find one of the discount volume dealers listed on the forum and just order. Should be able to get 5% or so off invoice.
Remember the 4xe gets the Tax Credit.

OP
OP

Medicaptain

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find one of the discount volume dealers listed on the forum and just order. Should be able to get 5% or so off invoice.
Remember the 4xe gets the Tax Credit.
Yep, I have two quotes for 10% below MSRP on a 392 (Dan Cummins and Chapman).....but both are nearly 2k miles away so I have to throw another 2-3k in shipping....I am kind of a miser when it comes to toys

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yep, I have two quotes for 10% below MSRP on a 392 (Dan Cummins and Chapman).....but both are nearly 2k miles away so I have to throw another 2-3k in shipping....I am kind of a miser when it comes to toys
Sucks they stopped affiliate for Wranglers. I went local to avoid screwing with shipping.

Unfortunately that’s too far to even make an adventure/road trip out of it.

Xenolith

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport S, 6MT, 2024 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired Geology Professor
The title of the ad says "Rubicon Wrangler Sport Unlimited". He doesn't even know what he is selling.

I'd pass and order new.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Medicaptain

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The title of the ad says "Rubicon Wrangler Sport Unlimited". He doesn't even know what he is selling.

I'd pass and order new.
Yep on all fronts....a 3 day drive is a bit too much for me....weird times we live in for sure

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Seems the thing is a money pit of bad decisions for the guy - price seems like he might be looking get out of a 5 year loan + add-ons with even money.

However - I would never buy a used 4x4 - from anyone. I despise used and I think every seller is lying - 4x4 just seems worse given the increased potential for expensive and hidden damage.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Just to touch on that MPG…. My stock 2021 eTorque 3.6 Unlimited Rubicon gets 24 on the highway. That is only if it stays under 71 mph.
To echo others, if you are going to spend that much, buy new. If you can’t wait for the order to come in, buy a cheap car to get from A to B for a few months. You can probably sell or trade it in then for the same price. Enjoy the new Jeep!
Sponsored