Sponsored

Which mod is the unsung hero of your build?

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
One of the things I noticed pretty early on was how bad the backup lights are. So I decided to add a couple KC lights to the top of the rear bumper. I put a ton of research into selection and placement of the lights and am very happy with how it came out.

Here is a before and after they were installed and aligned

The real reason I got them- to spot kids in the drive and neighborhood when it’s dark out. Lights are not aligned in these pictures. I just wanted to test them out right after installing them. You can see what a difference the lights made. My daughter stood in the exact same spot for both pictures.
I like this idea. I'd love to see how you attached the lights to the rear bumper. I've been toying with the idea of the DV8 hitch with built-in lights or the Diode Dynamics rear facing light bar. Just haven't felt like pulling the trigger on either yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Which mod is the unsung hero of your build? 1635954531063

Jeep Wrangler JL Which mod is the unsung hero of your build? 1635954576009
Sponsored

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I would have to say the best mod so far would be the Tazer JL Mini. The ability to make adjustments to tire size, TPMS and use my swaybar disconnect, lockers in 2wd/4Hi is amazing. Plus the light shows is pretty cool.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Backup lights for me, too. I added a pair of Baja Design S2 Sport lights and they're a huge improvement over the factory lights, both on and off road. I wired them to one of the aux. switches and they're also great for lighting up a camp site. I'm a little concerned I might smash one on a rock and may eventually mount them on the top of the bumper, but so far no issues.
I've been looking into multiple solutions for this same thing. Have you placed them in the brackets and on top of the bumper to see if the tailgate would clear them?

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
So maybe this is a stupid question but I assume is that what the seat back of a Rubicon looks like, with the hard plastic back and net? Mine just has a pocket, no place to mount MOLLE carrier. Googling a bit seems to confirm this.
Yes, these are the Rubicon seat backs. I think I've seen someone on this forum do a seatback swap though.

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
3rd vote for lights. However anyone decides to mount them will make a heck of difference when reversing. I tied mine into the reverse signal. No AUX switches.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which mod is the unsung hero of your build? 1635954576009
Do you have the link for those lights?

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My most underrated mod so far…Vector JL Dock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which mod is the unsung hero of your build? 30FE040A-A25C-4392-A0CD-9147D4E09128

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
The issue is when an American company creates a good product at a fair price and the Chinese copy it for next to nothing. Case in point - the Vehicle OCD center console organizers we designed in 2018 were great selling products until the Chinese copied them and flooded Amazon with knock-offs. We spent time and money on R&D and tooling to produce them in the US. We spent money on this forum to connect with the members to design the product they wanted. Now sales are a fraction of 2018 because of the "global economy".

We first developed the center console tray and the center console divider with input from members here on the forum. Here is the original thread

Consider supporting your forum sponsors so they can continue to bring you great products for your Jeep in the future.
I made sure I bought yours, I paid American cash for American products. I think that they are well made, and it keeps Americans working.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
The issue is when an American company creates a good product at a fair price and the Chinese copy it for next to nothing. Case in point - the Vehicle OCD center console organizers we designed in 2018 were great selling products until the Chinese copied them and flooded Amazon with knock-offs. We spent time and money on R&D and tooling to produce them in the US. We spent money on this forum to connect with the members to design the product they wanted. Now sales are a fraction of 2018 because of the "global economy".

We first developed the center console tray and the center console divider with input from members here on the forum. Here is the original thread

Consider supporting your forum sponsors so they can continue to bring you great products for your Jeep in the future.
This thread, your involvement with this forum, and being made in USA caused me to place an order last week. Arrived over the weekend and I am very pleased. Would recommend to anyone. My console is usually like a dumpster, this helps make it less of an unorganized mess.