Sponsored

Which lift I should go for?

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
So the only reason to choose upper vs. lower control arms is dependent on how you want to influence the wheelbase. The caster angle is equally increased by shortening the UCA 1/2" vs lengthening the LCA 1/2". Correct?
The second part of your question is complicated, so I will just address it with a generality. Lowers will have at least as much impact on caster as uppers, inch for inch, in most cases. The problem is, those inches are also translated into wheelbase at an almost 1:1 ratio. Uppers will have a virtually unmeasurable impact on wheelbase.

So if you ā€œstrike goldā€ and find a lower control arm length that gives you the caster you want, gives you the wheelbase you want at ride height, and you have enough bump stop to compensate for your axle being pushed further forward under compression than stock, then that is a solid option.

To give yourself complete control of whatā€™s going on, uppers for angles and lowers for wheelbase is what you want.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are both running the Teraflex ST3 3.5" lift with their Falcon 3.1 shocks and we are both very pleased. You can get the adjustable Falcon 3.3 shocks and I have heard those suckers can really be dialed in.
We had the Rancho RX5000 shocks on with a RC spacer lift and I highly recommend you DON'T buy those shocks. They were stiff and only got worse with age. She only had them on her Jeep for a year.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I figure like Energy Suspension says. Jeep put a lot of engineering and money in the suspension so they replace all the bushings with polyurethane. Shocks can be swapped for any preference. If only they ever sold it

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak 2.5

1E26BB78-F8CD-4A52-ABB2-AB603BB82FA2.jpeg

Sponsored

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Hi all. I was planning to get the fox 2ā€ lift kit from Mopar.
but few people told me that The shocks ainā€™t good anyway and the ride will change and be hard, stock Rubicon comfort will be gone.
And few recommended to go for the EMU BP-51 from oldman.
Anyone could help please
The MOPAR lift gives you way more than 2 inches - closer to 3.5 - and the shocks do ride hard. It also does not put enough caster back in because the longer lower control arms it comes with are not long enough (perhaps due to the unanticipatedly high lift). It gets the job done for a good price, but if you really care about ride and handling, look elsewhere.

punkinjl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are both running the Teraflex ST3 3.5" lift with their Falcon 3.1 shocks and we are both very pleased. You can get the adjustable Falcon 3.3 shocks and I have heard those suckers can really be dialed in.
We had the Rancho RX5000 shocks on with a RC spacer lift and I highly recommend you DON'T buy those shocks. They were stiff and only got worse with age. She only had them on her Jeep for a year.
Holly Springs, NC here... I just got my 2019 Sahara JLU. It if mind blowing all the different brands and styles of lifts. Basically I want to lift with new wheels and tires but still fit in my garage.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Holly Springs, NC here... I just got my 2019 Sahara JLU. It if mind blowing all the different brands and styles of lifts. Basically I want to lift with new wheels and tires but still fit in my garage.
Our JLUR with our 3.5" kit on 37" tires sits about 72" tall. You'd probably be looking somewhere under 70" with a 2.5" kit on 35s. Hope that helps!

Sponsored

punkinjl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
Our JLUR with our 3.5" kit on 37" tires sits about 72" tall. You'd probably be looking somewhere under 70" with a 2.5" kit on 35s. Hope that helps!
I just measured and my garage is 7' (84") You think a 3.5" with 37" will work fine? What is involved in re-gearing on 37s?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
The MOPAR lift gives you way more than 2 inches - closer to 3.5 - and the shocks do ride hard. It also does not put enough caster back in because the longer lower control arms it comes with are not long enough (perhaps due to the unanticipatedly high lift). It gets the job done for a good price, but if you really care about ride and handling, look elsewhere.
I didn't get anywhere near 3.5" of lift and the shocks are probably the best riding shocks I have used. The lower control arms set mine right over 6 degrees. If the correct kit is ordered, your lift will be close to specs with a heavier Jeep. I will say there are much better kits out there but for the price and the high quality big body shocks, it is extremely competitive.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure about that measurement? Our STOCK Rubicon is at 73" tall. I am thinking you should be closer to 78" with the lift and tires.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I didn't get anywhere near 3.5" of lift and the shocks are probably the best riding shocks I have used. The lower control arms set mine right over 6 degrees. If the correct kit is ordered, your lift will be close to specs with a heavier Jeep. I will say there are much better kits out there but for the price and the high quality big body shocks, it is extremely competitive.
Can you measure your shock eye-to-eye lengths? I'm trying to compare where my stock height JLR sits (with steel bumpers, winch, hardtop)

Here's my current numbers:
Front shock eye-to-eye: 20"
Rear shock eye-to-eye: 22.5"

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are you sure about that measurement? Our STOCK Rubicon is at 73" tall. I am thinking you should be closer to 78" with the lift and tires.
Yes you are right typo on my part it is actually standing at 77" tall!
Sponsored