Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I recently picked up a Mopar lift. I also grabbed an RK adjustable front track bar in the deal as well.

Im thinking about adjustable lower control arms. Quite a few brands to choose from. They seem to be built differently. I was thinking of getting RK for the lcas to match the track bar and may eventually need to pick up a rear track bar as well, and keep it all RK. Instead of hodge podge of different brands set up.

Any particular LCAs youd recommend to get or avoid? And whyso? I see RC are by far the cheapest, for everything, but they seem to have an iffy reputation.

Any that are easier to adjust/install? Better bushings? Since im in so cal i dont have to worry about corrosion/etc.
Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Go w/ the RK. Like you, I like to keep all suspension components the same brand.

Codyrush14

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Not to hi-jack, but I am in the same situation and wondered if anyone has successfully used the RK LCA's with the Mopar lift? Since they are fixed length and not adjustable, I was wondering if they are long enough to hit the sweet spot of length that the Jeeps need combined with the Mopar lift.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'll recommend ours. They use maintenance-free bushings that isolate noise, vibration, and harshness. They don't use grease, so never require maintenance, just like stock, but offer more misalignment for better articulation. They are adjustable on the vehicle using our double adjuster assembly and pinch bolt. Adjusting and tightening is very easy. And lastly, they don't require any modifications to install. They use an offset bushing housing on the axle side to prevent interference with the stock control arm bracket.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-adjustable-front-lower-control-arms.html

Rubicrush

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Not to hi-jack, but I am in the same situation and wondered if anyone has successfully used the RK LCA's with the Mopar lift? Since they are fixed length and not adjustable, I was wondering if they are long enough to hit the sweet spot of length that the Jeeps need combined with the Mopar lift.
RK has two different LCA's. Fixed and adjustable.
Reference the OP post:
I have the adjustable RK LCA's which are very nice and beefy. I'm sure any quality company LCA's will work well. If you are OCD like me then I would go with RK to match. The synergy LCA's adjuster looks nice though.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
RKs are lifetime warranty. When you call them, someone who actually knows what they're talking about answers the phone.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Not sure if RK updated their coating but their kits rusted damn near instantly for me. Not just spot rust either. The entire arms were 80% within a month. By the end of winter, 100%.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Not sure if RK updated their coating but their kits rusted damn near instantly for me. Not just spot rust either. The entire arms were 80% within a month. By the end of winter, 100%.
I saw someone mention that before. It may have been you. Im in hot/dry los angeles so not a big issue for me but good to know. Definitely not cool for how expensive their stuff is

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I saw someone mention that before. It may have been you. Im in hot/dry los angeles so not a big issue for me but good to know. Definitely not cool for how expensive their stuff is
It may have been me. There were a lot of us on wranglerforum.com it happened to with our JKs.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
About 9 months so far (granted most of that summer) with 0 rust.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I wouldn’t look anywhere else but Synergy or Metalcloak. Best bushings and built right. I’m a bit biased because I like the factory wheels with 37’s which you cannot used with the RK. You are forced to use aftermarket wheels with the correct offset.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I wouldn’t look anywhere else but Synergy or Metalcloak. Best bushings and built right. I’m a bit biased because I like the factory wheels with 37’s which you cannot used with the RK. You are forced to use aftermarket wheels with the correct offset.
Lol. If you're using the factory wheels with 37s then you either aren't getting much articulation or you're gonna rip your inner fenders out.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Lol. If you're using the factory wheels with 37s then you either aren't getting much articulation or you're gonna rip your inner fenders out.
Is that right? Wow you’re showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. I’ve run the same setup on both of my JLs.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Is that right? Wow you’re showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. I’ve run the same setup on both of my JLs.
I'd love to see your front end fully stuffed with the wheels turned. I have a 3.5" lift with 37s on 3.5" backpacking and I'm calling BS.
Sponsored