Sponsored

Which JKS Swaybar Disconnect for Mopar 2" Lift?

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
There are two sizes, 0-2" lift and 2.5-6" lift.

0-2" http://jksmfg.com/i-24048403-quicker-disconnect-fits-0-2-0-lift-wrangler-jl.html?ref=category:326604
2.5-6" http://jksmfg.com/i-24048402-quicke...6-0-lift-wrangler-jl.html?ref=category:326604

When the shop installed my Mopar lift, they said it actually seemed to be closer to 3" higher than stock.

I called JKS and they said they developed their sizing based on the stock/stock + leveling kit height for 0-2" sizing and on their own lift kits for 2.5-6" sizing. They said if the lift turned out to be 2.25", to use the 0-2" size. They did not test on the Mopar kit.

I figured I'd post a thread and update with our experiences here. I might go ahead and buy one of the kits to try and see what happens.
Sponsored

Gaxmode

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Any update? Looking to add quick disconnects and have the 2” mopar. Shop also said it seemed closer to 3”.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What length are your front links now? Get the jks ones that will adjust to the same size. Hopefully jks show the min/max range on their web.

OP
OP
Kentano

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
I held off on buying these. People say they’re a pita. That said, from what I gathered, the mopar lift is closer to 3.5 inches for the sport and 2 inches on the rubicon.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I held off on buying these. People say they’re a pita. That said, from what I gathered, the mopar lift is closer to 3.5 inches for the sport and 2 inches on the rubicon.
Where are you hearing about issues? I had them on my JK and now on my JL they are easy to install and real easy to disconnect - not half the PITA as the taking off the OEM links.

Sponsored

Gaxmode

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Where are you hearing about issues? I had them on my JK and now on my JL they are easy to install and real easy to disconnect - not half the PITA as the taking off the OEM links.
What size did you go with? What lift are you running?

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never heard anything bad about JKS Quick disconnects.

Rob4162

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I just installed a Mopar 2" lift on my JLU Sport. I ordered the 0-2 inch JKS Quick Disconnects (JKS2032) and they are about an inch too short. Would make sense, as others have stated the Mopar 2" lift is actually about 3 inches of lift. Going to exchange for the 2.5-6 inch lift (JKS2033) and they should work. Hope this helps someone before they purchase...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you could post some pics of your JL with these on it? I'm having a real hard time visualizing the passenger side. The driver's side is straight forward and looks like the JK but it is slightly offset. However the passenger side has the bottom piece of the link, (the part that gets disconnected) buried in a steel bracket that you have to pull the sway bar link OUT of instead of pulling it OFF of like the driver's side.

Also the Rancho and JKS links don't appear to have the offset that is needed for the JL, the JK links were straight.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/ac...nt-disconnect-sway-bar-link-kit-rs62126b.html

http://jksmfg.com/i-24048403-quicke...-0-lift-wrangler-jl.html?ref=category:1205540

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any chance you could post some pics of your JL with these on it? I'm having a real hard time visualizing the passenger side. The driver's side is straight forward and looks like the JK but it is slightly offset. However the passenger side has the bottom piece of the link, (the part that gets disconnected) buried in a steel bracket that you have to pull the sway bar link OUT of instead of pulling it OFF of like the driver's side.

Also the Rancho and JKS links don't appear to have the offset that is needed for the JL, the JK links were straight.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/ac...nt-disconnect-sway-bar-link-kit-rs62126b.html

http://jksmfg.com/i-24048403-quicke...-0-lift-wrangler-jl.html?ref=category:1205540
I don’t have my Jeep this week unfortunately. You have to cut the outer bracket on the passenger side (1st picture shows the side of the OEM bracket that has to be cut) and the quick connect pin sits against the inside bracket where the push nut is. Once you do you can’t go back to OEM style.

The main reason for this is because they disconnect at the axle and tie up to the spring tower.

D28686A5-FA14-40C2-BF7B-C0525504D1D3.jpeg

9CE35F76-F5D6-4FCA-AB27-7A20505F7C02.jpeg

966C51B9-E96A-4616-839D-34B424B11EE1.jpeg
Sponsored