Which Jeep Jamboree/Meet to go to in 2021

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve run the Moab Jamboree and Big Bear Jamboree. Big Bear was run like a well oiled machine... Moab, not so much.

I’ve done several trips to Moab and more than I can count to Big Bear, and I wouldn’t do Moab with a Jamboree again, and I’d redo the Big Bear Jamboree in a heartbeat.

A lot depends on the organizers and the trail guides so your mileage may vary.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
We did the SMORR jambo this year. Was amazing. On registration day, they look over your rig and tell you what group to shoot for. Then you sign up for a group (easy, easy/medium, medium/hard, hard, extreme, etc...), not specific trails as each group hit most of the trails, except the easier ones don’t do the 7+ rated trails. The groupings at SMORR basically meant the amount of spotting that was necessary. We were in the medium/hard and did 85-90% of the trails there with being spotted about 4-6 times total.
There wasn’t a lot of vendors there, but the atmosphere and everyone was amazing, especially the food.
It was expensive, but my family loved every minute of it. We are gonna do a MOAB/Ouray trip next August so no jambos next year but will probably do one in the northeast in 2022.
So I'm assuming the Rubicon is just Extreme then? Or other ratings. It's the closest one to me so was curious.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm still considering EJS. It's 8 days of vendors, people, and trails. Seems perfect. Explain to me why it wouldn't be.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never been to a JJ but plan on going to Wind Rock in TN with a buddy this year. 73,000 acres of trails! It’s in May so the weather should be pretty nice.

Any advice from the more experienced peeps?

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Some friend and I are signing up for the Ouray, CO one. I’ve heard that’s a fun one to do with JJ

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never been to a JJ but plan on going to Wind Rock in TN with a buddy this year. 73,000 acres of trails! It’s in May so the weather should be pretty nice.

Any advice from the more experienced peeps?
I did Wind Rock last year and loved it, I didn't get to do it with JJ, but WoW what a fun place to wheel. You get mud, rocks, streams the views are awesome. I was there for 5 days of wheeling from sun up to sun down over the fourth of July, just some intense wheeling at times. We did all of the Jeep badges and then some. I will say if it rains it drastically changes all of the ratings on the trails. It rained the weekend we were there not much but enough to make it extremely interesting. We went there and ended up meeting a bunch of Jeep people from Florida and had a blast. I always like meeting up with people from the forum as they are or have always been great people.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I did Wind Rock last year and loved it, I didn't get to do it with JJ, but WoW what a fun place to wheel. You get mud, rocks, streams the views are awesome. I was there for 5 days of wheeling from sun up to sun down over the fourth of July, just some intense wheeling at times. We did all of the Jeep badges and then some. I will say if it rains it drastically changes all of the ratings on the trails. It rained the weekend we were there not much but enough to make it extremely interesting. We went there and ended up meeting a bunch of Jeep people from Florida and had a blast. I always like meeting up with people from the forum as they are or have always been great people.
Thanks for the feedback. We’re looking forward to it.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’m going to try to sign up for Moab JJ. I’ve heard it sells out extremely fast. I have my alarm set to remind me that 15 minutes before it goes live.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hm, I'll check some dates with my GF and see what works, never considered this before haha
Sponsored