Sponsored

Which is better, the 2inch spacers or the 2 in lift kit with shocks?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Hello!

I know there is a huge price difference between just getting a spacer lift and actual lift kit with shock and all but what are the pros and cons of both?

I really dont take mine off road (have a new baby and as you know you cant do much if anything :), but I want to get a lift on my JLUSS but not invest a bunch.

Does the 2 in spaces ride different than 2 in lift with shocks?

Anything you can tell me on why one would prefer over the other would be great!
Sponsored

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Hello!

I know there is a huge price difference between just getting a spacer lift and actual lift kit with shock and all but what are the pros and cons of both?

I really dont take mine off road (have a new baby and as you know you cant do much if anything :), but I want to get a lift on my JLUSS but not invest a bunch.

Does the 2 in spaces ride different than 2 in lift with shocks?

Anything you can tell me on why one would prefer over the other would be great!
I’d say the lift with shocks is better for performance by far. Personally, I just got a 2” spacer lift. I’m not going to do much off roading and I wanted bigger tires (35s). It rides great without any noticeable changes from the stock ride feel. I may upgrade to a Mopar lift eventually, but for mostly driving back and forth to work, a spacer lift is all I need. And it’s significantly cheaper.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Cheap springs and shocks will never ride better than your factory springs. That said they will probably perform better off-road bit not enough to really notice. If you’re looking for a cheap solution just stick with spacers. You won’t notice a ride change.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Cheap springs and shocks will never ride better than your factory springs. That said they will probably perform better off-road bit not enough to really notice. If you’re looking for a cheap solution just stick with spacers. You won’t notice a ride change.
Who said anything about cheap shocks and springs? A good coil and shock lift kit will ride differently than the stock springs, better or worse is subjective. Lots of people say the Mopar lift kit rides much better on road than stock. The Fox shocks are high quality. Spacer lifts on the other hand, will feel basically the same as stock as the suspension wasn't changed, just moved up.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Who said anything about cheap shocks and springs? A good coil and shock lift kit will ride differently than the stock springs, better or worse is subjective. Lots of people say the Mopar lift kit rides much better on road than stock. The Fox shocks are high quality. Spacer lifts on the other hand, will feel basically the same as stock as the suspension wasn't changed, just moved up.
He said he didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I was giving him my opinion about cheap vs cheap. No one even mentioned mopar and Fox. If your going to stay cheap then keep the stock ride. No reason to spend more on cheap springs and shocks. Mopar and Fox aren’t cheap.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
He said he didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I was giving him my opinion about cheap vs cheap. No one even mentioned mopar and Fox. If your going to stay cheap then keep the stock ride. No reason to spend more on cheap springs and shocks. Mopar and Fox aren’t cheap.
Ah, makes sense. Yea I don't see any reason you would want to go cheap on new coils unless you just didn't plan on spending much time in the jeep.

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Like many things in life quality can get expensive, however; it typically will result in better overall ride quality and fit and finish. I may be different than others as I only want to spend the money once and if it is worth buying it should be the best quality, especially if you are going to use this vehicle for any offroad purpose.

Save your money and purchase a good quality lift with springs and control arms.

Keep Jeepin!

Lensync58

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Unlimited Sport
Go on YouTube and watch (Litebrite) they have a JLUR with the RC spacers and have run 35's and now 37's...and they wheel the heck out of it. Im just not a suspension snob. There isn't one great choice because you can build a 5k fox shocked out mall crawler or spend sub 1k and wheel dependably for years. If your are dessert running at speed or dancing in rocks that need max articulation then yeah get good shit. But saying one just sucks isn't doing anyone any justice. That's like saying a butter knife sucks... But if it does the job that it was intended for why do you need a samurai sword?? It won't won't spread the butter any better lol!

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Go on YouTube and watch (Litebrite) they have a JLUR with the RC spacers and have run 35's and now 37's...and they wheel the heck out of it. Im just not a suspension snob. There isn't one great choice because you can build a 5k fox shocked out mall crawler or spend sub 1k and wheel dependably for years. If your are dessert running at speed or dancing in rocks that need max articulation then yeah get good shit. But saying one just sucks isn't doing anyone any justice. That's like saying a butter knife sucks... But if it does the job that it was intended for why do you need a samurai sword?? It won't won't spread the butter any better lol!
They are rocking 38x13.50's now....

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm currently running the 2.5in RC spacer lift and 35in tires on my Sport S and couldn't be happier with the setup. Mine is also a daily driver and will see minimal offroading at best. At some point I might upgrade to some Fox shocks so I can get rid of the stock shocks and shock extensions that came with the spacer lift but I'm in no rush and everything is perfect as is.

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I'm currently running the 2.5in RC spacer lift and 35in tires on my Sport S and couldn't be happier with the setup. Mine is also a daily driver and will see minimal offroading at best. At some point I might upgrade to some Fox shocks so I can get rid of the stock shocks and shock extensions that came with the spacer lift but I'm in no rush and everything is perfect as is.

Can you post which spacers your bought and how much was it to install?

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
FWIW........I run the Rubi Express 2.0 (wasn't much available the first week of February) and I don't think I'm swapping it out anytime soon. I'm a member of a local Jeep club that does trips every weekend and I've never had an issue with spacers (on any Jeep I've run them on). Now I'm running 37's and still feels stock.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
This, there seem to be a huge misconception that "stock" automatically means "low grade". I cringe when people swap out their relatively nice Rubicon suspension for a cheap lift kit with twin tube shocks for example and call it good. Going from Monotube shocks /w HRS to a twin tube in itself a downgrade. Just because you've swapped out something doesn't mean it's going to be better.
Sponsored

Last edited: