Sponsored

Which hard top removal device would you recommend?

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Back on post 40 I noted my issues with the Lange lift. Just watched the Quadratec video of the version 2 and see that they resolved my issues. Just wanted to be clear that I would have no reservation about buying this unit.
Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I only have a hard top and pop it off often. For the last 3 years Iā€™ve used Top Lift Pro. Itā€™s fantastic. 1 person job. You canā€™t mess it up. My buddy made his own ceiling hoist and blew his window out because of misalignment. Instantly wished he had another method.
I always liked the thought of a ceiling hoist because it wouldnā€™t take up any room in my garage but unless you have a barn like the post above your alignment has to be precise and my garage space is too tight. I wanted to top lift pro. Looked for one used on the forum for a few months before going with the Lange hoist a cart. A few more steps but you can store the top vertically and it was about 1/2 the price.

Big Bear

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
I always liked the thought of a ceiling hoist because it wouldnā€™t take up any room in my garage but unless you have a barn like the post above your alignment has to be precise and my garage space is too tight. I wanted to top lift pro. Looked for one used on the forum for a few months before going with the Lange hoist a cart. A few more steps but you can store the top vertically and it was about 1/2 the price.
If you know anybody else looking for one, I'm in Melbourne and I posted my TopLift Pros under Miscellaneous in the Member Marketplace.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
If you know anybody else looking for one, I'm in Melbourne and I posted my TopLift Pros under Miscellaneous in the Member Marketplace.
I'll keep an eye out. I'm surprised it's not gone already. I would have snatched it up a couple of months ago.

Sponsored

Pistol527

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara-JL
I installed the Garage Smart lift last weekend, very easy install and super easy to use with your phone.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which hard top removal device would you recommend? Jeep lift

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I've seen tons of videos of the TopLift Pro taking the hardtop off, but does anyone have experience using it to put the top back on? I don't have the option for a garage hoist and have already done some damage trying to put it back on manually. Also, is it compatible with the headliners?

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I am trying to decide which hard top removal device to get. I realize the portable carts are more expensive than the overhead hoists, but I am more interested in any problems with each type. I would like to know from people who actually use them how they feel about the following:
1. Overhead mounted manual hoist in the garage.
2. Overhead mounted motorized hoist in the garage.
3. Portable carts such as TopLift Pro or RollnJack.
I have the ceiling mounted manual hoist with my 11' garage ceiling. It was economical (had to make my own frame out of 2 x 6's) and with the top off my Jeep, it takes up no floor space. With the top hoisted up, I can still park my Jeep under the suspended top.

BVES4

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK 2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I've seen tons of videos of the TopLift Pro taking the hardtop off, but does anyone have experience using it to put the top back on? I don't have the option for a garage hoist and have already done some damage trying to put it back on manually. Also, is it compatible with the headliners?
I have a TopLift Pro and it's just as easy to put back on as it is to take off. Well worth the price. Thing is built like a tank and is very sturdy...100% confidence leaving top on it for the weekend. Considering buying a soft top and using TLP as storage for Summers. Great customer service too., we were putting it together and had a question...called on a Sunday afternoon and they picked up on third ring and stayed on line with me until I figured it out. I highly endorse the TLP!

Reactions: DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I have a TopLift Pro and it's just as easy to put back on as it is to take off. Well worth the price. Thing is built like a tank and is very sturdy...100% confidence leaving top on it for the weekend. Considering buying a soft top and using TLP as storage for Summers. Great customer service too., we were putting it together and had a question...called on a Sunday afternoon and they picked up on third ring and stayed on line with me until I figured it out. I highly endorse the TLP!
Cool thanks! Yea I have a soft top and switch them out seasonally. I was able to remove the hardtop by myself, but had a friend who was weaker than he appeared help me put it back on. He had trouble on his side and it somehow got paint transfers (or some white marks like paint transfer) from the fiberglass where he hit the rear door and roll cage.

Sponsored

rjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I installed the GarageSmart hard top hoist. installation was a breeze and removal is simple. Iā€™ve yet to reinstall - the weather has been too nice. I canā€™t imagine itā€™s going to be that much of a challenge.

The only hiccup that Iā€™ve had was connecting to the lifters with my iphone - it loses bluetooth connection frequently. However, on my wifeā€™s phone we have zero issues with connectivity. Iā€™ve tried all the basic tips like restarting the phone, removing and re-downloading the app.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to decide which hard top removal device to get. I realize the portable carts are more expensive than the overhead hoists, but I am more interested in any problems with each type. I would like to know from people who actually use them how they feel about the following:

I have the overhead manual hoist, if I had to do it again I would put the motorized hoist in though. The issue I have with the manual is that it doesn't release well and I have to physically climb up and release it by hand. I don't take my top off a lot, but it's still a little aggravating to have to deal with.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty old thread but I went with the Top-Lift Pro. Spent more money but I can remove the top by myself and store it. Maybe you haven't made your mind up.

20210505_210118.jpg
Sponsored