Cali-JeepJL

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
hello:
I am trying to figure out which fuse to tap that will give me power only when the Accessories are ON or Ignition is ON.

I know we can use Fuse 43/45, but I can’t use that as I need full time power in the rear for my ARB fridge.

Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Last edited:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Cali-JeepJL

Here's another one maybe.

A link to a JL owner's manual (2018)--probably the same for 2019 on this subject matter:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/downloads/guides/2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Owners-Manual.pdf

Page 167 of the manual (p. 169 of the PDF) shows how, if equipped, to change the cigarette lighter outlet in your cargo area from its factory default of always being energized to only being energized when the vehicle is on, by moving its fuse in the PDS from its default fuse slot F81 to F91.

So F91 is an accessory only energized fuse slot. : - )

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Fuse 57 (heated seats) works w/ ignition on, I used it for my DRLs. Just be sure you order a Micro fuse tap

View attachment 182311

View attachment 182312

View attachment 182313

I highly advise anyone routing any wiring though their tipm (fuse block) like so, and then curling it around there on the 3rd post that's all you need is bare wire or rubbing/melting insulation on the wire wiping out that block of high amp fuses for your alternator, PDC, aux PDC, etc. I would deff re think how that's routed and tapped in there.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I highly advise anyone routing any wiring though their tipm (fuse block) like so, and then curling it around there on the 3rd post that's all you need is bare wire or rubbing/melting insulation on the wire wiping out that block of high amp fuses for your alternator, PDC, aux PDC, etc. I would deff re think how that's routed and tapped in there.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get that relocated to eliminate that possibility. I ended up just running it down that front side and down to the left of that first wire stud (well clear of any contact points)

Last edited:

Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get that relocated to eliminate that possibility. I ended up just running it down that front side and down to the left of that first wire stud (well clear of any contact points)
Yeah, would just route else where just in CASE any bare wire would happen to make contact. That board is serviceable but “depending” on dealer... they may or may not warranty that for ya if they saw just that wire routed like so ...

EC6B5FD1-83A8-44D5-A345-90FEB6037545.jpeg

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
@Cali-JeepJL

Here's another one maybe.

A link to a JL owner's manual (2018)--probably the same for 2019 on this subject matter:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/downloads/guides/2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Owners-Manual.pdf

Page 167 of the manual (p. 169 of the PDF) shows how, if equipped, to change the cigarette lighter outlet in your cargo area from its factory default of always being energized to only being energized when the vehicle is on, by moving its fuse in the PDS from its default fuse slot F81 to F91.

So F91 is an accessory only energized fuse slot. : - )
You sir, are FUCKING AWESOME! This just came in sooooo clutch for me. Thank you!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy