slattt

First Name
Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1985 CJ-7
Vehicle Showcase
I love the way the fastback tops look and want to invest in one for my jl instead of getting a traditional Mopar hardtop. I'm just curious if anyone here has anything to say about the DV8 vs Patriot fastback hardtops or if I should stick with getting the Mopar painted hardtop. Dumb question but does it improve your mpg at all?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I love the way the fastback tops look and want to invest in one for my jl instead of getting a traditional Mopar hardtop. I'm just curious if anyone here has anything to say about the DV8 vs Patriot fastback hardtops or if I should stick with getting the Mopar painted hardtop. Dumb question but does it improve your mpg at all?
I really like that look as well, but losing full height in the cargo area is a no-go for my use.

Have you considered going soft top? The Bestop NX, in my opinion, is the most sleek and sharp looking fast back top that I've seen. I also hear about them coming out with a version that will have a hard back glass window with struts, instead of the soft plastic roll up one. They also look sweet with the windows removed in safari mode.

OP
OP
slattt

slattt

First Name
Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really like that look as well, but losing full height in the cargo area is a no-go for my use.

Have you considered going soft top? The Bestop NX, in my opinion, is the most sleek and sharp looking fast back top that I've seen. I also hear about them coming out with a version that will have a hard back glass window with struts, instead of the soft plastic roll up one. They also look sweet with the windows removed in safari mode.
Never thought about the cargo height and you're right. I wish I could see the top in person to actually get a feel of how much I'm losing. There aren't too many pictures of the top itself.

I have a soft top at the moment! I drive it about 60 miles on the highway every day for work and the light bar I installed mixed with the soft top itself makes so much noise I can barely hold a conversation while going 70 hahaha. Plus, the insulation is nonexistent so my dog is always so hot in the back when we decide to head out to camp on the weekends.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought about the cargo height and you're right. I wish I could see the top in person to actually get a feel of how much I'm losing. There aren't too many pictures of the top itself.

I have a soft top at the moment! I drive it about 60 miles on the highway every day for work and the light bar I installed mixed with the soft top itself makes so much noise I can barely hold a conversation while going 70 hahaha. Plus, the insulation is nonexistent so my dog is always so hot in the back when we decide to head out to camp on the weekends.
Do you have the standard or the premium soft top?

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hi, looked at someone's the other day, not sure of brand but would NEVER sacrifice the room!! They may look cool, I don't see it but maybe?

Just my Two "sense"..?

Go Jeep!!!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the premium
Oh OK, was thinking if you had the standard, the upgraded material of the NX would help with the road conversations. The factory premium is a debadged Bestop.

OP
OP
slattt

slattt

First Name
Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, looked at someone's the other day, not sure of brand but would NEVER sacrifice the room!! They may look cool, I don't see it but maybe?

Just my Two "sense"..?

Go Jeep!!!
True, I feel like I don't have enough cargo space as it is for a weekend camping trip. Definitely something to think about!

OP
OP
slattt

slattt

First Name
Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh OK, was thinking if you had the standard, the upgraded material of the NX would help with the road conversations. The factory premium is a debadged Bestop.
Never knew that! I do like the top, just wish it wasn't so noisy and my car could keep cool in 100+ degree weather
Sponsored