Sponsored

Which exhaust do you have on your v6 rubi?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Exhaust note is always subjective. Some people like that gawd-awful muffler delete pipe. I guess its ok if you want your rig to sound like a 1989 toyota tercel. I had that on for a total of a week before tearing it off. Just terrible.
I was almost convinced Id just stay stock after that experiment, but decided on giving that Redrock black axle-back a try. It was on sale with rebates and such at the time, so around 280 I think. Ive been pleasantly surprised. Its louder but not obnoxius by any means. Some drone, but not too bad to my ears. Price is right. Id say give it a go.
Btw, also a manual...
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Love our Magnaflow black street series dual axle back, but not in OP's budget. I got mine from a member here for $200 +shipping, so if might be worth checking the site as you never know :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Which exhaust do you have on your v6 rubi? IMG_0877.JPG

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Magnaflow Performance Series Dual Exit Axle-Back Exhaust in black.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which exhaust do you have on your v6 rubi? 1656129731960

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingZo88

KingZo88

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door
Exhaust note is always subjective. Some people like that gawd-awful muffler delete pipe. I guess its ok if you want your rig to sound like a 1989 toyota tercel. I had that on for a total of a week before tearing it off. Just terrible.
I was almost convinced Id just stay stock after that experiment, but decided on giving that Redrock black axle-back a try. It was on sale with rebates and such at the time, so around 280 I think. Ive been pleasantly surprised. Its louder but not obnoxius by any means. Some drone, but not too bad to my ears. Price is right. Id say give it a go.
Btw, also a manual...
Thanks for the input. Redrock is my original choice and after doing some digging, I decided to go with this their axle back exhaust as well. Cant see spending 7-800 bucks on an exhaust since im a cheap f*** 😂

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry

Sponsored

OP
OP
KingZo88

KingZo88

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door
Thank you guys for sharing. I got my exhaust delivered this past Monday. Im going to install this weekend. Ill share some photos 😁

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you guys for sharing. I got my exhaust delivered this past Monday. Im going to install this weekend. Ill share some photos 😁
Well? What do you think?

OP
OP
KingZo88

KingZo88

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door
Well? What do you think?
My apologies, i thought I already posted my thoughts. 🤦🏽‍♂️

id give it a 4.5/5 stars. Just enough deep tone that i wanted. Not too loud. Looks good with powder coated black tips. Only thing is that tone goes away a little bit from 3k-4k rpm then comes back after that. Over all I like it. I dont wake up the neighbor during cold start so thats good. Lol

Sponsored

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I did, Pypes Performance Exhaust High Ground Clearance Exhaust with Street Pro Muffler. It is a little louder then I would like, but I shouldn't have to worry about crushing the tail pipe anymore. everything is tucked up nicely behind the Frame.

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
I'm glad you asked. I picked up the dynomax muffler delete and it sounds awesome. Quiet around town but definitely has a growl when you get on it. Clearance and weight savings are bonus.
How's the drone at freeway speeds? Any feedback you can share on its sound with top off and on? I'm interested in this passing the wife test. Seen the videos, but not sure how close those sound to in-person.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How's the drone at freeway speeds? Any feedback you can share on its sound with top off and on? I'm interested in this passing the wife test. Seen the videos, but not sure how close those sound to in-person.
I added cherry bomb glass pack

566B42E9-ED5B-4194-9FEA-D13A3B42D247.jpeg

5AF379E6-13C9-42D4-8662-3E832C74306E.jpeg

DA469299-76B5-471A-822D-B9CD5970FEDA.jpeg

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I don't remember the videos, but I can tell you with the top on you won't really notice on the highway. And with the top off the wind noise is as loud or louder than the exhaust. My wife likes to steal the Jeep.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Had the Dynomax delete, it's a steady bass drone at 1500 to 2k rpm, maybe you'll get used to it, I wasn't a fan. You can just remove your stock mufler and drive around for a while and see if that tone is something you can live with, it will be similar. It does sound good w/ heavy throttle fwiw.
Sponsored