euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Mark Dodge, Lake Charles are at 4.5% though doc fee of $695/$795
Only consider for direct purchase - trade in rates eliminate the below invoice %, due to being so poor and lacking commercial awareness

I'll likely still purchase, but I had a BMW dealership pay me $5K more than best that Mark Dodge a Jeep dealership could offer (Autonation BMW The Woodlands gave me $2K more than other Autonations were offering inspected)

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Warranty Forever lifetime power train warranty is garbage. I have it on my Jeep purchased through DeMontrond. Or I should say I “had” it. At 38K they informed me that my warranty was no longer valid because I had the oil changes performed at a different dealership without preauthorization. I got the preauthorization the first time or two, and was told that I didn’t need to keep doing so because I was having it serviced at a Jeep dealership. So I didn’t. Only later to be informed by someone else that it must be preauthorized every time and thus the coverage was void. Mind you, I did do the required service at the dealership on time every time. But still it was canceled.

I had a good purchase experience with Neil at DeMontrond back in 2018 and got 6 or 7% under invoice at that time with no hassle and a low doc fee. But don’t let that scam of a Warranty Forever be a factor in your purchase decision because it sucks. I’m glad I didn’t have to rely on it.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Warranty Forever lifetime power train warranty is garbage. I have it on my Jeep purchased through DeMontrond. Or I should say I “had” it. At 38K they informed me that my warranty was no longer valid because I had the oil changes performed at a different dealership without preauthorization. I got the preauthorization the first time or two, and was told that I didn’t need to keep doing so because I was having it serviced at a Jeep dealership. So I didn’t. Only later to be informed by someone else that it must be preauthorized every time and thus the coverage was void. Mind you, I did do the required service at the dealership on time every time. But still it was canceled.

I had a good purchase experience with Neil at DeMontrond back in 2018 and got 6 or 7% under invoice at that time with no hassle and a low doc fee. But don’t let that scam of a Warranty Forever be a factor in your purchase decision because it sucks. I’m glad I didn’t have to rely on it.
They mailed me recently (always had it service with them), and advised as long as i told them about it afterwards, and likely documented would be good on the warranty

Either or - I sold it last night

+ I tripped on Mark Lodge on messing me around on trade in so got them to move from 4.5% to 5% below Invoice this morning on my new order

(sorry - that was on other thread - but Mark Lodge Lake Charles are 4.5% at the moment ) t

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
They mailed me recently (always had it service with them), and advised as long as i told them about it afterwards, and likely documented would be good on the warranty

Either or - I sold it last night

+ I tripped on Mark Lodge on messing me around on trade in so got them to move from 4.5% to 5% below Invoice this morning on my new order

(sorry - that was on other thread - but Mark Lodge Lake Charles are 4.5% at the moment ) t
That’s what they told me too. Until they changed it. Uploaded the invoices each time. They tell me at 38K that past services are out of compliance so they’re canceling the coverage. They said nothing at all each time I sent them the documentation when I got service. Seems fishy.

River Oaks not still offering 6% under invoice?

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s what they told me too. Until they changed it. Uploaded the invoices each time. They tell me at 38K that past services are out of compliance so they’re canceling the coverage. They said nothing at all each time I sent them the documentation when I got service. Seems fishy.

River Oaks not still offering 6% under invoice?
when were they 6% ? - I got offered 4% from them in 2019

i never heard back from them since month back, that i was not interested unless they were below invoice

I hound dogged a lot of dealerships and was baiting them with Gupton/Mark Dodge pricing - most only went to Invoice (Autonation/Tomball JeeP )

Demontrond were MRSP as were Maic Hak

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
when were they 6% ? - I got offered 4% from them in 2019
DeMontrond and River Oaks were both 6-7% below 4Q 2018 when I ordered. I see that has changed now.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I paid $500 above invoice. I’d take anything local that’s below and call it a day (personally). But some of those deals can save a few grand (Gupton etc), so might be worth it depending on cost of travel to and from.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid $500 above invoice. I’d take anything local that’s below and call it a day (personally). But some of those deals can save a few grand (Gupton etc), so might be worth it depending on cost of travel to and from.
Lake Charles is around 140 miles away so local enough (subjective )

I think they will also deliver for free to Houston - drive it out - Sales Rep was about to drive a vehicle out to New Orleans a few days back, and that was 200 miles

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Lake Charles is around 140 miles away so local enough (subjective )

I think they will also deliver for free to Houston - drive it out - Sales Rep was about to drive a vehicle out to New Orleans a few days back, and that was 200 miles
yeah, it’s not too hard to get a dealer to even ship a vehicle for free. I bought my wife an Acura a month back and a dealership in Henderson, NV offered to send the car on a semi-truck up to us in SLC for free.

So if you can find a sweet deal somewhere, ask about that as an option.
Sponsored