Sponsored

Which dealer in socal to have a mopar lift installed?

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have never seen the extensive Mopar lift for the JL, there is a "extensive" (aka 4") lift for the JK though!

3-4 hours is fair for a dealer or mechanic with a lift, etc., 6 hours for a DIY job.

I think the dealer is very confused which would make me question:
  1. Did they install the coil springs on the right sides?
  2. Did they properly torque all the bolts?
  3. Did they adjust the headlight for the new ride height (for this price they better)?
  4. What did they forget to do?
$2400 is just insane and $1200 is still really really high (to me its a ~$400 job non-dealer)... But I know you want to keep the warranty intact, so perhaps try and negotiate with them a but? State your concerns politely, in a way that they want to help get you what you want.
I'm hoping they did everything correctly, im picking it up this evening, so we'll see then.

He texted me back

"I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day"
Sponsored

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
OP, you are a gluten for punishment. Awaiting the “did my dealer install my lift correctly?” thread.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
I'm hoping they did everything correctly, im picking it up this evening, so we'll see then.

He texted me back

"I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day"
Which dealer did you end up going with?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing they are doing an alignment when theres nothing to align. Nice of them

Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I wish you could get Coors Slurpees at 7-11.
I have a friend who drinks Bud Light floats! Bud Light with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream! LOL/YUCK!