Sponsored

Which dealer in socal to have a mopar lift installed?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Back in 2018 when this kit first came out, it was almost impossible to find a dealership anywhere that wasn't asking less than $2,000 to install it.
Now you see pricing from $1600-$2500 installed including kit. There’s a couple shops around here that will include lift and install for $1500. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I made a appointment with the Jeep dealership in irvine to install the lift for $620 but it's on January 17th, about an hour from me too.
Man I don’t want to be that guy, but I’m gonna say it…….unless you go to that specific dealership to get any warranty work done that can be realistically blamed on the lift your in for a fight.

Mopar or not, dealerships are gonna find a way out of warranty work, it just doesn’t make them any money…….I’ve seen this first hand as well as heard of it from reliable sources. And if you call one up they may tell you yeah don’t worry about it, no problem…… but that’s just smoke to get you to come in……Now, there are exceptions out there for sure, but they’re not in the majority. That all said it’s unlikely you’ll need any warranty work done anyway…….

Anyway dude, I wish you all the best with your build, and hope that I’m totally wrong about all this…….✌

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed with what @Roky said…300 bucks and some beers sounds pretty good 😂😂

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
I just had some warranty work done at J-Star (Anaheim Hills). I have a 2.5 Metalcloak lift and I went there because they sell a lot of lifted Jeeps new. I specifically discussed warranty impact with them before I brought the truck in, and they said straight to me that aftermarket stuff doesn't affect how they operate under warranty at all. I have an OEM background, and all warranties are written "defect in material and workmanship". If it ain't their material, then no way they'll cover, but my point is, J-Star thinks clearly.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
Thanks for this post I was about to call around as well. Where did you buy the mopar lift from? Wonder if they do military discount hahah

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you change your mind on Irvine, I highly recommend the guys in Temecula and they will cover you for warranty issues. I have purchased and had multiple jeeps lifted by them. They work on lots of modded jeeps and understand that is the way they were intended to be :) .

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for this post I was about to call around as well. Where did you buy the mopar lift from? Wonder if they do military discount hahah
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/

It was $1,255.80 and after shipping OTD it came out to be $1,368.29

I would also call dealers and see if you could get it cheaper if you buy the lift from the dealer + labor and see which one is priced better for you.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A month ago I made a appointment to have the lift installed at a dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A month ago I made a appointment to have the lift installed at a dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.
Well that's unfortunate and also a bit perplexing! A master mechanic needed to install a 100% bolt on suspension...? The only bolts that are hard to loosen are the control arm bolts, but still shouldn't need a master mechanic to loosen these, hope they are not hitting the bolts with a torch or something! More realistically, they probably were just not close to being done and made up some excuse.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wait it gets better, read thus

They just called me and said that I don't have the " basic mopar lift " that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit thats a 10-12 hour job and says regular price is $2400 but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 3-4 hours I believe. I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

They just called me and said that I don't have the " basic mopar lift " that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit thats a 10-12 hour job and says regular price is $2400 but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 3-4 hours I believe. I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing
WOW………. You know, it’s no wonder people snap…… you sound like you’re handling better than I would, :facepalm:

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I bought the mopar lift online for my 18 JLUR and want to have the dealer install it to retain my mopar lifetime warranty.

What dealers installed your lift and how much did you pay?

I'll be calling my local dealers around me and updating this thread to help anyone else with the same questions.

Thanks

Lake Elsinore Jeep $1800
Temecula Jeep $850 w/ alignment
Perris Jeep. $950
San Juan Capistrano $1170
Norco Jeep $1085
Irvine Jeep $620 estimate
Riverside $1699
Hemet $1430 w/ alignment
Moreno Valley $1800 w/ alignment
Tustin Jeep $1200
Anaheim hills $925 w/alignment
Redlands $800
Why do you need a Jeep dealer to install your lift kit. Please read through all the posts on this forum about Jeep dealers. There are many competent shops around that can do a much better job without the bullshit.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why do you need a Jeep dealer to install your lift kit. Please read through all the posts on this forum about Jeep dealers. There are many competent shops around that can do a much better job without the bullshit.
Because I have the mopar max care lifetime warranty. Trust me I found how the service department was with the jeep wave program

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I have never seen the extensive Mopar lift for the JL, there is a "extensive" (aka 4") lift for the JK though!

3-4 hours is fair for a dealer or mechanic with a lift, etc., 6 hours for a DIY job.

I think the dealer is very confused which would make me question:
  1. Did they install the coil springs on the right sides?
  2. Did they properly torque all the bolts?
  3. Did they adjust the headlight for the new ride height (for this price they better)?
  4. What did they forget to do?
$2400 is just insane and $1200 is still really really high (to me its a ~$400 job non-dealer)... But I know you want to keep the warranty intact, so perhaps try and negotiate with them a but? State your concerns politely, in a way that they want to help get you what you want.
Sponsored