• Total voters

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
I have a 16’ granite rubicon unlimited hard rock that I love but just placed my order for a Sting grey with black top unlimited rubicon too many new bells and whistles to not get a new one
Love the Black
Sponsored

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Ocean Blue Metallic

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
That's the 64000.00 dollar question. from picks I've seen on here I would say very close, but I have not seen punkn in person yet. I personally was hoping it looked a lot more like it is on the jeep build site. I like the rust colored look. I just hope its a dark orange at least.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
If I go punkin', I worry I'll be stuck with a red dash. Seems like a bad combo imo.
I think it depends on your choice of interior color, black seems to get the red, and tan gets the silver.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
If I go punkin', I worry I'll be stuck with a red dash. Seems like a bad combo imo.
Waaaay back in the Punk'n thread a member purchased a Rubicon with black cloth seats and the dash was not red. The post with the pics can be found HERE.

Sponsored

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
It's "Crush Clear Coat". I have it on my 2012 JKU. I found it odd that they never actually used the word "orange" in it. In person, it looks a lot like AMC's "Mandarine Orange", which was the color of my first Jeep; a brand new CJ-7, back in 1979. I personally got it for sentimental reasons. It's not for everyone (hey - neither are Jeeps!), but I like it.

Like OP, wife and I were originally thinking of going with granite crystal metallic on the 2018, but in person she didn't think it stood out enough...so we ordered the new JLUR in firecracker red. Finally in D-1 (after 67 days) & hoping to get it soon....

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It's "Crush Clear Coat". I have it on my 2012 JKU. I found it odd that they never actually used the word "orange" in it. In person, it looks a lot like AMC's "Mandarine Orange", which was the color of my first Jeep; a brand new CJ-7, back in 1979. I personally got it for sentimental reasons. It's not for everyone (hey - neither are Jeeps!), but I like it.

Like OP, wife and I were originally thinking of going with granite crystal metallic on the 2018, but in person she didn't think it stood out enough...so we ordered the new JLUR in firecracker red. Finally in D-1 (after 67 days) & hoping to get it soon....
Welcome to the Red Rubi club!!! I promise you will love it!!! I love mine!!!!:handsinair::please:

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I'm waiting to see Mohito and Sting Grey in person. If not one of those I would probably go white.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm waiting to see Mohito and Sting Grey in person. If not one of those I would probably go white.
Here is the sting Gray I saw earlier this week on the lot. It’s a Sahara.

0A782D3D-721F-4FEF-9646-7A4DB33F2886.jpeg

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
Welcome to the Red Rubi club!!! I promise you will love it!!! I love mine!!!!:handsinair::please:
Yeah....I'm pretty much counting down the hours at this point. My "ship date" (build date?) is supposed to be this Friday, the 8th, so hopefully the wait'll be over soon!

I parked my orange JKU Sahara next to a Firecracker Red Sahara JLU the other week to so see what they'd look like together in my driveway....uh...they're bright!! Love the red, though. Had a red '89 & find this one so much nicer!

Now if I could only convince my wife that we need mojito as our next one....
Sponsored