Sponsored

Which automaker/vehicle has the best AWD/FT4WD system?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Which automaker and vehicle model do you think has the best AWD or FT4WD system?

How do you think the JLU Sahara's system will stack up against it?
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about other 4wd systems but Audi’s Quattro system is stellar... I would say it might even be the best in the business.... it may not climb over rocks but the Audi S5 we have can get you through just about any bad weather or road conditions with a lot of control. I feel very comfortable that my wife can get anywhere safely that she needs to go during the winter. I just worry about the other vehicles and drivers on the road losing control but not her and the Audi. The Quattro is great!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
it really seems to me that there are 2 issues here allwheel drive vs 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive being defined as having a low range, all wheel drive only 1 range. I don't know about the audi but for all wheel drive it might be the subaru there is a comaprison test that uses rolllers to isolate wheels and duplicate loss of traction . the toyotas and hondas were pretty much worhtless, Based upon what I know of the sahara i think in mmight do very well. I plead ignornace on the audi. I will say the the oldt toyotas fj 80 with 3 lockers were excellent but had trans problems reportedly
Sponsored