Wherever you are, post your registration fees

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Registered my new 2018 Sahara yesterday. Paid $347 in NH.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
That's because we aren't a communist state here like California or New York or a few of the others. This is a conservative state that believes in the less taxes. Conservative policies work very well here and they will continue to work as long as all of the people moving here from liberal/communist states don't bring those sorry-ass philosophies with them and try to make Texas like the place they moved from. :angry: If that's what they want to do, they need to stay where they are. It's one of the reasons why Texas has a very low unemployment rate and creates so many jobs too. Just sayin'...

Ok...I'm off my soap box. :bandit:
Easy there buddy. Before you hurt yourself.

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
So what you’re telling me is to keep my car registered here in Tx once I move to Az. :LOL::rock:
You can try to get away with it for awhile but I actually got ticketed. They came to my work and put notices on all the cars with out of state plates. We ignored them until finally we couldn’t...TX plates here in PHX.

Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You can try to get away with it for awhile but I actually got ticketed. They came to my work and put notices on all the cars with out of state plates. We ignored them until finally we couldn’t...TX plates here in PHX.
They DO love their tax money in AZ don't they. :) $600 for me.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Car tag fees are only part of your state taking advantage of you. Just because some are cheaper than others doesn’t mean your getting off easy.

When I lived in CA it was high 600 year for tags, no emissions charge for 4 years on new vehicles and 5k for property taxes but I paid 10% of my income in state taxes
When I lived in TX it was 200 year for tags, 25 emissions test (Houston) and no state tax but the property taxes in TX is ridiculous compared to even CA (varies by county but all surrounding Houston suck). House was 300k and it was over 20k year.
I have couple vehicles tagged in AR where it is $1 a year (military) $25 normal but we have personal property tax on cars, motorcycles etc and I pay $300 year for that plus property tax of $500 (my house is rural) and I have to pay 6% state tax on royalties.
In FL I pay $70 year but it varies with the vehicle size and if the tag is new or a transfer but my property tax is 5k year, no state income tax but a f**kton of toll roads which cost me $2400 year.
You might think your lucky living where you are but I’m sure there getting you somewhere.

BTW the roads in the Bay Area are pretty nice, loved riding in the mountains on my bike.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm. Good to know. Guess I’ll prob try it your way. Just go with it until I can’t. Lol

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
By reading all these I guess good ole Massachusetts loses the name Taxachusetts by a very long shot!

!00 bucks vanity plate (extra over regular#) and this is actual registration! We do have an Excise tax (most call it Property tax) that's $25. per thousand. When buying new that tax usually based on Base model Jeep and goes down in assessment every year. Drops a lot in 2nd year of ownership.

Go Jeep!!!

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
I ordered a 2020 JLUR, the sales tax is gonna be $4,987.65 and tags are $987.45 for 1 year $1,852.90 for 2 years..

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
So what you’re telling me is to keep my car registered here in Tx once I move to Az. :LOL::rock:
When I moved to AZ from Houston, I had a 1.5yo Tundra and my tags were over $800 here.. When she told me how much, I said: "no, I have already paid sales tax"... She just laughed and explained it is based on the MSRP of the vehicle and said: "next time buy a cheaper car". I would suggest keeping your Texas tags till they expire at least.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Kalifornia.. criminally charged with $413