Where's the love for the 2dr JL

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
No Diesel for the 2dr. I have a bad feeling the days of the 2dr Wangler may be coming to an end. When I bought my JL, I wanted a 2dr soft top manual transmission. My dealer had to get my JL from an out of state dealer. I haven't seen a 2dr on their lot for months and this is a large dealership. It's going to be a sad day when 2dr and manual transmission Wranglers go the way of the Dinosaurs.
I'd bet they are trying to drive price up by keeping the supply low.
Sponsored

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Two Jeeps and an SUV in the middle. Agree that the four door doesnā€™t fit the traditional Jeep mold, but if you need an SUV ..... JLU is a fun one to get. Before two kids and two dogs, it was two doors! Doing everything thing in my power to hold on to them all.

Two door Jeep is the ultimate fun vehicle for winter and summer fun.

A5EA0737-A065-4942-A64C-C4DF7FBFB4A3.jpeg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Lol the gate keeping about 2-doors is insane here. Not everybody can have multiple vehicles and the 4-door wrangler is the perfect combination of practical and fun. Claiming a 4-door is ā€œnot a real Jeepā€ is just ridiculous at this point, itā€™s just as much a Jeep as a 2-door.

People forget one of the most beloved jeeps ever is the XJ Cherokee. A wrangler unlimited is basically the modern version of that but improved in every single way.
The 4-door is a real Jeep. It's just not a real "Wrangler"... It's a Wrangler Unlimited.;)

I'm with you 100% about the modern XJ replacement though. The JLU (and JKU) were the XJ successor, not that KL crossover (new Cherokee) or the KJ (Liberty).

Aranimus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts on this thread! I'm pretty sure the 2-door Wrangler will never die; after all, there are people like me that wanted a 2-door soft top and would settle for nothing else. I have to say, the vehicle is one of the best purchases enjoyment-wise I have ever made (right up there with the solar panels I bought for my roof, and lol yes, perhaps the two things are contradictory environment-wise :) )

I live in CA, so I run with the top down for 8 months out of the year, and you know, even a trip to the grocery store is fun! My only (minor) regret is not getting the standard transmission (though I do like the automatic). I learned to drive on an old 60's Chevy sedan with a "three-on-the-tree", and the car I drove as a teenager was a Mustang with a standard floor shift. Sounds cool now, but believe me, those cars were considered junk-heaps in the day! lol

Anyway, now that the kids are finally off to college, 2 doors is all I need, and the Wrangler is a boat load of fun!

Sponsored

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Two Jeeps and an SUV in the middle. Agree that the four door doesnā€™t fit the traditional Jeep mold, but if you need an SUV ..... JLU is a fun one to get. Before two kids and two dogs, it was two doors! Doing everything thing in my power to hold on to them all.

Nice garage!

opiop

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Software Developer
If it'll make you all feel better - I'm in my early 20's and just bought a 2020 2 door Sport with a manual trans 3 months ago. Maybe some millennials/gen z don't have an interest in manuals but there are definitely still a good number of us out there! Most of my friends own a stick vehicle or at least know how to drive one.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but....

ALL Wranglers, regardless of number of doors, are classified as SUVs. The 1984 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) is widely considered to be the first SUV in the modern style. Basically, any off-road-capable vehicle that is also road-worthy is an SUV. Body-on-frame, that is.

Crossovers, on the other hand, are to be despised ;)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Lol the gate keeping about 2-doors is insane here. Not everybody can have multiple vehicles and the 4-door wrangler is the perfect combination of practical and fun. Claiming a 4-door is ā€œnot a real Jeepā€ is just ridiculous at this point, itā€™s just as much a Jeep as a 2-door.

People forget one of the most beloved jeeps ever is the XJ Cherokee. A wrangler unlimited is basically the modern version of that but improved in every single way.
Well the thread is based toward members that have 2drs, so that may play a part in the biased opinions stated throughout :)
I definitely see the 4 drs as real Jeeps, just don't need the extra room, got my truck for that :)

DaveF

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Got a great deal on my two door, manual transmission, soft top, Rubicon. It had been on the dealer lot for months. Luck for me I was looking for the car in SoCal nobody else wanted. It was the only one in the state I could find at the time. I donā€™t think the two door will ever go way, but may be a special order in the future.

Sponsored

Bumblb

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S

Great garage but Turn that USA flag around, blue field belongs on the upper left when you are viewing it.

Bumblb

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Corrected! Thanks. God Bless America!

image.jpg
Well done. It is perfect now!

I didnā€™t notice the Greek flag in the first photo, you donā€™t see that often in Iowa, but I did in Chicago.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
yep, a little jelly of that garage I must say :like:

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase

No different than "Why buy anything other than a Rubicon". And yes, that was a real thread.
Sponsored