Where's the love for the 2dr JL

jeepdogjl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
No Diesel for the 2dr. I have a bad feeling the days of the 2dr Wangler may be coming to an end. When I bought my JL, I wanted a 2dr soft top manual transmission. My dealer had to get my JL from an out of state dealer. I haven't seen a 2dr on their lot for months and this is a large dealership. It's going to be a sad day when 2dr and manual transmission Wranglers go the way of the Dinosaurs.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
No Diesel for the 2dr. I have a bad feeling the days of the 2dr Wangler may be coming to an end. When I bought my JL, I wanted a 2dr soft top manual transmission. My dealer had to get my JL from an out of state dealer. I haven't seen a 2dr on their lot for months and this is a large dealership. It's going to be a sad day when 2dr and manual transmission Wranglers go the way of the Dinosaurs.
I've got one .I had to factory order mine, there were none [ sting gray color /hard top ] available around Toronto area earlier this year . I do not think they will disappear anytime soon but the fact is that most of the millennia young adults today don't know how to drive manual either . They have no idea what they are missing. Its almost as good as doing it the right way without "protection" .

Sponsored

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah evolution stinks sometimes, happened at Harley Davidson too. Great marketing from both camps drove sales to big profits. Down sides for those who have always been there, we had to adjust to ballooning prices and too many people rubbing elbows. Can't knock new comers for their interest in what was our fringe lifestyles, but the lifestyles have been severely warped. IMHO. I have traveled this country coast to coast a few times on two wheels with nothing more than what fit on the bike, was good fun. Now people sometimes cram a 4-door like sardines in a can. LMAO @ humans.

Let's face it, the CJs, YJs, TJs, JKs, and JLs are Jeeps. Unlimiteds are SUVs. Sure was hoping for the ecodiesel in a 2 door but understand the DEF tank has to be considered. Maybe drop a diesel powertrain into an LJ frame, hmm.

I say 2-Door Wranglers rock the world.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I figure that 20% of the jeeps at my local dealer are 2 door. ... was there the other day and saw 4.....

They must be selling . Of all the jeeps i see daily, I figure i see about 25% 2 door....

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Yeah evolution stinks sometimes, happened at Harley Davidson too. Great marketing from both camps drove sales to big profits. Down sides for those who have always been there, we had to adjust to ballooning prices and too many people rubbing elbows. Can't knock new comers for their interest in what was our fringe lifestyles, but the lifestyles have been severely warped. IMHO. I have traveled this country coast to coast a few times on two wheels with nothing more than what fit on the bike, was good fun. Now people sometimes cram a 4-door like sardines in a can. LMAO @ humans.

Let's face it, the CJs, YJs, TJs, JKs, and JLs are Jeeps. Unlimiteds are SUVs. Sure was hoping for the ecodiesel in a 2 door but understand the DEF tank has to be considered. Maybe drop a diesel powertrain into an LJ frame, hmm.

I say 2-Door Wranglers rock the world.
I wish I just could go and buy me a brand new Jeep from the 60s