Where's the love for the 2dr JL

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Yes it is, here is mine. 2 doors are the real jeep from the beginning. 4 doors are like kissing your sister,(you just don’t do it).
4EDDB4A4-B93E-4DDF-AA76-4020FB923E82.jpeg
Are those the bead lock optional rims from Jeep?
Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Tanner, I disagree with the position expressed in your statement. A wide stance 4-door is not a Jeep (commonly accepted definition), it is an SUV. By todays nanny standards it may fit, but to me it is just another factor in the evolution of this enjoyable hobby. A wider stance came along somewhere in the mid 80s due to a bunch of reckless yayhoos that did not respect the vehicle they were in control of. Their poor behaviour became a legal liability to AMC so management tasked their engineers to accommodate government pressure concerning safety standards.

I will admit there were more pucker factor events with the old axles in the narrow track variation. Your point concerning stability is well taken and truly is a concern with the current marketing audience. The current audience is more risk aversive and lean towards a comfy ride during their off-road exploits, differing from the audience of just 30 years ago. Go back 50 years and Jeepers were mostly self sufficient in nature and possessed a pioneering spirit.

I do agree it is a sad time for fans of the traditional Jeep. And, I also accept the rights of others to do as they please with their enjoyment of the hobby, within legal limits.
4 doors FTW

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Are those the bead lock optional rims from Jeep?
Yes they are. I waited three months for them to arrive. They are the nicest looking beed locks IMO, I had seen and easy to clean. Installed by Daytona Garage at dealership where I ordered them along with the lights and winch guard.
Jeep Wrangler JL Where's the love for the 2dr JL 48B36A56-E198-41F3-97D9-60C4C5CF79B8
Jeep Wrangler JL Where's the love for the 2dr JL 4B19B7CE-EBD9-4C97-A4CD-1F76F5D8EC88
Jeep Wrangler JL Where's the love for the 2dr JL 48B36A56-E198-41F3-97D9-60C4C5CF79B8
Jeep Wrangler JL Where's the love for the 2dr JL 4B19B7CE-EBD9-4C97-A4CD-1F76F5D8EC88

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’m a 2 dr guy, always have been. I was an IH Scout man back in the day (‘cause they had read steel doors and real window, as opposed to close door,plastic window cj’s). Went with Jeep with the TJ and been there ever since. Since I drive mine year around (used to be my work car) I wanted a heater that worked and a tight cabin. If anyone had ever told me I’d have a Jeep that would average more than 25 mpg I’d have said they were nuts.

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
The manuals will die soon I bet or at least be pretty limited but I doubt the two door will die. I’ve wanted to buy a 2 door Jeep and my girlfriend hates the aesthetics of them, she dislikes the 2 door bronco as well. She however likes the 4 door wrangler and loves the 4 door bronco. The 4 door bronco does look better than the 4 door wrangler but all the 4 doors look like their proportions are screwed up.