Where will spare tire go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Where do you guy think they'll place the spare? On the side like this picture, or hidden away at bottom of the car? Would look strange at the back of the car so I don't think they'll place it there.

jeep-pickup-truck.jpg
Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
No spare, just runflat tires.

J/K! Wrangler sales would drop 50% if that happened!

Don't like how that tire looks on the side of the car like that and it create a bigger blindspot on the driver side. Bottom of car could work but dunno how much space there is for it.

DosEcoDiesels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I hope it a rear mounted swing away tire carrier similar to the JK. maybe the tailgate will swing open like the current wrangler

Rockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and Bikes
I hope it a rear mounted swing away tire carrier similar to the JK. maybe the tailgate will swing open like the current wrangler
Me too. And if it's not a swing away door then they better not mount the spare on the rear. Gotta say though the spare looks awkward mounted on the side like that pic above.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it mounted under bed like most pick ups

Sponsored

Yellow jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jeep wrangler
I think that these ideas about the spare tire being on the side don.t look good or it blocks the view from the rear side vewe are bad .I think it looks Great.Its easy access to it and it brings a little of the old and new together.If its made more like the 2005 gladiator i,am planning to buy one.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
I hope it mounted under bed like most pick ups
I'd actually prefer it to be mounted somewhere visible for a true Wrangler look. And that would also make it stand out among the pickup competition.

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Might be as good a position as any and shouldn't obstruct rear view if they have a cutout spot for it in the bedliner like that.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Personally I wouldn't mind at all if the spare were side mounted like on the Gladiator. Gives the pickup a very unique old school touch. And solves the problems of a tailgate and underbody mount.

This looks different and is useful.

Automaker-sets-plans-for-Jeep-Gladiator-aside.jpg

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The most recent spy pics seem to indicate that the spare will be mounted under the bed (or they just left the spare off to keep it a secret but all JL/JLU mules have had spares mounted). If it is under-bed I wonder if any thought was given to accommodating larger sizes. The AEV Brute bed allows for up to a 35" spare. If not, we'll have to rely on aftermarket options (swing-away tire carrier rear bumpers, in-bed mounts, cargo racks w/ spare mounts, etc.). I'd be on board with something like this (with more permanent spare mounting hardware of course):

Jeep Wrangler JL Where will spare tire go? {filename}
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.