Sponsored

Where to take the Wrangler for rust proofing in NJ?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I bought some Fluid Film and a 24" tube with a 360 degree spray nozzle and sprayed it inside the frame rails. Next fall I'll probably not only do that, but will hit most of the underside pretty good. The main thing is to just keep it clean and don't let rust get a beach head. My 11 year old JK had no rustproofing but looks almost new underneath because I'm a fanatic about washing the underside after it gets covered in road salt. Anyway, the Fluid Film is just insurance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubicon2019

Rubicon2019

First Name
Elcid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2016 Ford F-350, 2015 Audi S7,
Just checking in on ya! Ever get the rust proofing?
I actually did. I bought fluid film from Amazon. I rinsed the undercarriage thoroughly and let dry over night. Then the next afternoon got her up on my neighbors lift and went to town. I used the attachment to get into the frame and really coated everything except for the exhaust. That was about 2 weeks ago. I’ve driven in the snow and salt since then and the undercarriage is still clean and coated. Overall I’m very very happy with the results. Only time will tell how well it really protects. Thanks for checking in...how are you holding up

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I actually did. I bought fluid film from Amazon. I rinsed the undercarriage thoroughly and let dry over night. Then the next afternoon got her up on my neighbors lift and went to town. I used the attachment to get into the frame and really coated everything except for the exhaust. That was about 2 weeks ago. I’ve driven in the snow and salt since then and the undercarriage is still clean and coated. Overall I’m very very happy with the results. Only time will tell how well it really protects. Thanks for checking in...how are you holding up
Awesome! :like: Mine looks good also. But I'll be keeping an eye on the JL like I do our JK. Ive checked the inside of the JK frame with an endoscope and it looked really clean, no rust and it's 2 yrs old. So, here's hoping the LineX on the JL keeps the same outcome. But, like you say, only time will tell. But, I'm fairly confident both of us made excellent decisions to pretreat. :beer:

Sponsored

CourtneyHat

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep wrangler
If I were you I would read this guide on rust prevention. I believe it will help you better understand what kind of rust you're dealing with and some solutions you can try at home before purchasing a spray.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon