Where to source OEM LED headlight lens?

henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Firecracker Red
A rock thrown by oncoming traffic broke the lens of my drivers side LED headlight. I searched many suppliers and couldn’t find a replacement individual assembly. I could only find sets. Best price for the set was BAM Wholesale at $700 plus $80 freight (that’s economy shipping). Still better than $940 average from others. Hopefully the next one I need is the passenger side 😆.
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
A rock thrown by oncoming traffic broke the lens of my drivers side LED headlight. I searched many suppliers and couldn’t find a replacement individual assembly. I could only find sets. Best price for the set was BAM Wholesale at $700 plus $80 freight (that’s economy shipping). Still better than $940 average from others. Hopefully the next one I need is the passenger side 😆.

There are kits out there to open and reseal headlights - you might be able to pull an outer lens off of a basic halogen housing and adhere it to the LED kit, assuming the lens shape and mating surface is the same between the two. Would be horribly unfortunate to have to buy a full LED headlight set anytime one cracks!

OP
OP

henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Firecracker Red
There are kits out there to open and reseal headlights - you might be able to pull an outer lens off of a basic halogen housing and adhere it to the LED kit, assuming the lens shape and mating surface is the same between the two. Would be horribly unfortunate to have to buy a full LED headlight set anytime one cracks!
I’ll do a search for that. Thanks

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I’ll do a search for that. Thanks
I only remember it from my Audi days when people would open up their headlight housings to remove and replace the amber corner marker with a clear euro one without having to replace the entire $1000+ unit. If I remember correctly it was as simple as a heat gun and pry tool to agitate the glue and separate the housing from the lens, and then using the same glue/epoxy on the way back together. Wish I had more info but it's been ages. - It sounded daunting at the time but I remember it being easier than it seemed on paper.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@henry

You will find new and used JL, LED headlights on eBAY. They run about $305+- each.
Sponsored