Sponsored

Where to put my 4 Door hardtop in college

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Seriously... if driving jeep open-air is that important while in college, you should get a soft top instead. Leave the hard top at parents house back home.

Or, sure, a storage unit.

But if you couldn't figure out these two solutions on your own... well... maybe college isn't the best investment for you. :LOL:
Iā€™m not sure the place is exactly ā€œsafeā€ which is why I opted for a hard top. I know this somewhat contradicts going open air but Iā€™d love to go topless for a week or so at a time.
This is very confusing...if youā€™re concerned about security how do you plan to have no top on it for a week at a time? And what about unexpected weather? And if you have the type of parking thatā€™s secure for a Jeep with no top then surely a soft top will be fine under the same conditions.
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
How dare you. This forum should be considered a Safe Space. Hey! Perhaps that is what you OP could use his hard top for! College campuses can never have enough of those, you can create one out of the hard top and create an area free of threatening ideas, actions or conversations. Namaste.
Its probably larger than his room, maybe he should use the hard top to live in.

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
I agree but this is about where to put a hardtop
He's insinuating that perhaps if you can't noodle your way out of this brainbuster of a situation, you might not be up to the challenge of furthering your education at this LA college. So it does pertain to the hardtop. These are the type of advanced associations you'll be asked to make in college.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the type of advanced associations you'll be asked to make in college.
Well, it is LA, so maybe you donā€™t have to if your parents pay off the Crew coach...

(Sorry, couldnā€™t resist)

OP
OP
Burandtman

Burandtman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
He's insinuating that perhaps if you can't noodle your way out of this brainbuster of a situation, you might not be up to the challenge of furthering your education at this LA college. So it does pertain to the hardtop. These are the type of advanced associations you'll be asked to make in college.
Honestly at this point this thread is more of a meme than it is a real question. Maybe it was a bad question but in my defense I'm really stoked to have my Jeep out there and jumped the gun on the question.

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly at this point this thread is more of a meme than it is a real question. Maybe it was a bad question but in my defense I'm really stoked to have my Jeep out there and jumped the gun on the question.
Of course, a huge feature of a Wrangler is the open top. People are just having fun, thatā€™s all. I think the point is that your options are limited:

1) Find a storage spot
2) Get a soft top if you feel comfortable with your parking arrangement.

Thatā€™s all.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
If youā€™re dorming, the hardtop should be able to fit in your room or common area. This could be the cheapest/ potentially safest way for you to store it. Ask/bribe/ get to know your roommate or floormates/ or ask your Resident Advisor for permission. Usually if you are polite when asking for help people are willing to lend a hand.

Last edited:

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
How dare you.
a bit extreme of a reaction to what was clearly an attempt at humor.
This forum should be considered a Safe Space... free of threatening ideas, actions or conversations.
Seriously? While I may have been insulting at my attempt at humor, I don't believe I threatened the OP in any way whatsoever..

That said, if I was insulting in my post about the OP's readiness for college, I apologize.

It's all become silliness... the OP said he got a hardtop Jeep because he was worried about security while at college, and then in a followup said he wants to store his hardtop for a week at a time while he parks his jeep at that same college with NO top on it at all! Huh? And a soft-top that's on it always, providing passive security for all but the most malicious or determined vandal/theif, with none of the storage and install/uninstall hassles, isn't a better solution?

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
a bit extreme of a reaction to what was clearly an attempt at humor.
Seriously? While I may have been insulting at my attempt at humor, I don't believe I threatened the OP in any way whatsoever..

That said, if I was insulting in my post about the OP's readiness for college, I apologize.

It's all become silliness... the OP said he got a hardtop Jeep because he was worried about security while at college, and then in a followup said he wants to store his hardtop for a week at a time while he parks his jeep at that same college with NO top on it at all! Huh? And a soft-top that's on it always, providing passive security for all but the most malicious or determined vandal/theif, with none of the storage and install/uninstall hassles, isn't a better solution?
For F's sake man. Obviously at whatever university you went to, the concepts of sarcasm and irony were not discussed. If you have really gleaned from every post I've make on this thread, especially the Safe Space one, that I'm taking this absurd question and situation seriously, that is mind-numbing. I'm sickened by some of the absurd ideas being taught to our your youth, and think our country is doomed if this pussification continues.
Good luck in college OP and finding a unique solution to your hard top dilemma, please report back how you've solved this head-scratcher.

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had this problem going into college!! My problem was I could afford the hard top, but not the actual Jeep!! :CWL:I second the storage unit suggestion.
Heck, I couldn't afford a Jeep, much less anything else, when I went to college, including even food. :(

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Youre going to be right at the beach. Put that sucker on the sand and Air BnB it for $500 a night!
Sponsored