First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Urologist
Thanks for helping a noob out. I have a Lange Hoist-a-top lift and am putting it in my garage. My question is about the tailgate. How far open does the tailgate have to be to lift the top off? I need to know where to mount the pulleys in the garage ceiling based on how far away from my workbench the Jeep will need to be when it is lifted off. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Grumpy Wrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door JL
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for helping a noob out. I have a Lange Hoist-a-top lift and am putting it in my garage. My question is about the tailgate. How far open does the tailgate have to be to lift the top off? I need to know where to mount the pulleys in the garage ceiling based on how far away from my workbench the Jeep will need to be when it is lifted off. Thanks in advance!
I'm using the topsy products bracket on my hard top. They are small little brackets that attach to your rear window hardware that make it super easy for a tie off point for the rear hoist attachment. If you're going that route, then you really don't need to open the glass or the tailgate. Just attach and lift. I literally back up my jeep so that the spare tire is touching or almost touching my workbench. I am not using the Lange product but the principal should be similar. You can look at my recent post where I set up eye hooks and carabiners to use my own warn winch to lift the top straight up and into the rafter.