Sponsored

Where to mount dash cam in JL with Advanced Safety Group?

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
There is this big box that holds the cruise radar and also serves as housing for the rearview camera. Is there a picture of a dashcam that is installed when there is ASG?

Also, can I get a link to purchase a hardwire kit for wiring dash cam to the Aux switch endpoints?

Thanks
Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I mounted mine to the left of the box, I'm right hand drive though, so it's on the passenger side. I did specifically go with the Blackvue because it doesn't come down the windscreen very far.

I wired mine to the accessory wire in the AUX bundle for the accessory power and AUX 3 as the battery power, this way I can program the switch to be battery direct power and get the parking mode if left on or program it as accessory so the camera turns off with the Jeep as mostly I have the Jeep garaged if it's not being driven so no need for parking mode.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where to mount dash cam in JL with Advanced Safety Group? 20210626_113331

OP
OP

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
I mounted mine to the left of the box, I'm right hand drive though, so it's on the passenger side. I did specifically go with the Blackvue because it doesn't come down the windscreen very far.

I wired mine to the accessory wire in the AUX bundle for the accessory power and AUX 3 as the battery power, this way I can program the switch to be battery direct power and get the parking mode if left on or program it as accessory so the camera turns off with the Jeep as mostly I have the Jeep garaged if it's not being driven so no need for parking mode.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where to mount dash cam in JL with Advanced Safety Group? 20210626_113331
Thank you

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon

20210626_113331.jpg
@Steve F Do you have pictures of the finished install? Would it not fit below the acc box without it being obtrusive? I bought the blackvue as well and am waiting on receiving it, so I'm trying to get some install ideas. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored