Sponsored

Where to buy a Hellayella JLRU Hard Top and Fenders (or trade)?

dwade1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Eco Diesel
A few months in to the purchase of our 2019 JLRU my wife has decided that she wants the Hellayella Hard Top and Fenders rather than the black. Is there anyone that's interested in trading or are there any suggestions on the best way to procure a new Hellayella Hard Top and fenders short of going through Mopar ($3200+) and having it painted later?

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The only way you are going to find them in yellow is if they came off a yellow JL.

The paintable fenders come unpainted if you buy them from Mopar; it costs about $500-$800 to have all four painted + the cost of the fenders.

Look for takeoff fenders on eBay or Craigslist. It may be worth your while to buy a painted set in any color and have the body shop sand them and paint them yellow for you.

CAUTION: be careful with trying to paint the factory, unpainted black fenders; if they ever had 303 or Armor All applied to them, it will bubble up the paint finish.

The paintable hardtops come with a smooth finish, different from the lumpy finish of the black hardtops. A couple years ago I looked into having a black hardtop painted. I was quoted $1,000 to $1,500 to have the lumpy top pained, without smoothing down the surface. Sanding down the top added another $800.

Painting a hardtop is not worth it IMO. Unless you find someone with a yellow top nearby willing to trade it for yours, I wouldn’t bother with it.

You can also check with a professional vinyl wrapper. They can work miracles these days.

Good luck.

Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
You can find any color painted hard top and have it painted.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
According to the Jeep website and another thread here, you cannot order a Wrangler Rubicon with the yellow painted hardtop. Not sure about other trims, but it wouldn't make sense that they would only exclude it from the Rubicon.
Sponsored